Cosmic Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the link:

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/cosmic_flyer/

Enjoy.

100_0646.jpg

bike049.jpg

This is the first mock up.

100_0549.jpg

This is my first attempt at restoring a seat.

100_0551.jpg

My cat zoie is giving me some helpful advice.

100_0637.jpg

100_0639.jpg

Rivets have been hammered in.

100_0644.jpg

Here comes the part I am not sure of. Soaked the leather in water to soak. I found a pan that when I pushed it in the leather bent to make the curves.
I then set the seat out in the sun to set up.

100_0582.jpg

All parts was painted with left over tractor enamel paint.

100_0645.jpg

Bike rides real nice, it does take a wider circle to turn.

100_0647.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0649.jpg

I changed the chain ring to a 40 tooth and put an aluminum plate on the backside for the red decal material.

100_0650.jpg

100_0651.jpg

The front spring is made from a buggy seat. The shackle comes from seat stays off of a mountain bike.

100_0655.jpg

100_0656.jpg

The rear frame has been lenghten four inches.

sweet!!! lovin those brickwall blackwall tires on red rims with white paint. that was a color scheme i almost went with before i decided on what i went with. good job on the seat, too. i don't get the whole thing with the "leather strap" around the rear hub, as i've had a few 3speeds with the same thing. like how you extended the frame out 4", but would that be concidered a frame mod?

Very cool! I really like the way you "stretched" the rear triangle. Another clever idea to store away in the memory banks. The creativity on this web site is awesome! :D

Thanks for all the positive feed back.The paint that looks white is realy dove gray ford tractor paint with some black added.The red leather and large
head rivets came from a saddle shop. That piece comes from the back of the cow and is very thick.The buggy seat spring is a piece that was left over
from my blacksmithing days, the other half is now a knife.I made two H looking pieces,they both would fit around the fork tubes.The top is welded
to bottom of crown,the bottom is a floater. On the fork axle slot was welded a washer,the shakel is mountain bike seat stays.On top of the brake
bridge was added two tabs for the spring to bolt to. cosmic flyer

Very cool bike really love the front leaf spring on it.

Latest posts

Back