Country Rat AMF RRBO4 entry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first BO will have a rural theme, maybe a produce hauler. Starts with a 26" AMF Courier 3 spd. bicycle, haven't decided if I'll stay with this drivetrain. This is early in the build-up, now for the tear down.
RRBO4001-1.jpg
MG]

The front part of springer is from an old walk behind plow, metal wheel & hand holds removed. Schwinn fork with brake bridge holds the spring bracket in place for now.
RRBO4002.jpg

coming up with your own fork is fantastic, but the way it sweeps down and comes back up looks really impressive !!! :D

That's about the craziest fork I've ever seen-truly a one of a kind. I want to see a video of the bike in action when its done.

Simple and sweet front end 8) I'm thinking we will be seeing variations of that in the near future. But do yourself a favor, replace the brake bridge with a proper spring perch, there's no way it will be strong enough for riding, and it may well result in a crash if it folds crookedly. :!:
Rick

A new spring perch is in the works, the OG fork will replace the blue Schwinn 10spd. fork. I'm also undecided on whether to repaint or just distress the OG gold paint that's on it. Red wheels might look good rolling with the gold :wink:

OUTRAGEOUS forks...did you use pre-exsisting pieces for your down tubes (for lack of a better term) or did you bend these yourself? If the previous is true,what are they off of...just curious...Pappy 8)

Latest posts

Back