Couple of Schwinns fell from the sky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got calls from two different people this past weekend, each had Schwinn's that the lbs didn't want.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with either one yet.

The green one is a '79 Colliegiate 3-speed that looks to be in pretty decent shape.

DSC02974.jpg

The copper one is a '64 Varsity 10-speed that's got a really nicely patina'd 'Sprint' leather saddle.

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

dude, that collegiate is tight, maybe last year? in OG lime green? thats like rollin gold here in SF. EvilBay that thing...I bet u get $250+ for it!.... :roll:

It'd probably be easy to find a happy home for the 3-spd, but only a hipster (or somebody on RRB :p :lol: ) would be interested in a 40 lb road bike. (think 3-pc crank and fixed hub :mrgreen:) It's even got the bottom shelf brakes. :roll: Cool seat. :wink:

The hipster, art student crownd will jump on the 3 speed. They don't know what they're missing with the old Varsity. I love those heavy lightweights. Nothing like trying to use the jockey shifters in traffic. I've got a '65. Great seat on yours. :D

Latest posts

Back