CRAZY COOL NEW AL'S RAPID TRANSIT VAN STEM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Alan Rutter from Al's Rapid Transit sent me an email last week letting me know about a new product he just released. I took one look at this new stem of his and a huge smile went up on my face. :D It's a threadless BMX style stem CNC machined out of 6061 billet aluminum to look like a Dodge A-100 Panel Van and he's calling it "MYSTERY MACHINED."

The stem has a 53mm reach and fits 1 1/8" forks. You can mount 7/8" handlebars on it. They come in a raw finish so that you can customize them to fit your bike. Alan suggests anodizing, polishing it to a mirror finish or painting it to look like the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. They retail for $49.99 plus shipping, and best of all, they're made in the good old U.S.A!

Get yours here!

alsrapidvanstem001.jpg

alsrapidvanstem002.jpg

alsrapidvanstem003.jpg

alsrapidvanstem004.jpg

alsrapidvanstem005.jpg

alsrapidvanstem006.jpg

Hmmm. I'm a mopar guy and I like Al's stuff but I can't say I'm sold on that one. Price is right for a unique piece though.

Hmmm. I'm a mopar guy and I like Al's stuff but I can't say I'm sold on that one. Price is right for a unique piece though.

I can see how it ain't for everyone but C'MON--- that's a stem, and it's also a thoroughly rad old panel van... I guess there's plenty of "normal" stems, a decent number of skull stems, but this is something totally unique....

Needs a VW samba version with little surfboards haha, agreed on the detail, some windows etched in would look better!

Ah but that's the deal... I can see it with etched details and added surf boards too. It's also definitely heavy duty, and ready for personalization.

Carl.

Ah but that's the deal... I can see it with etched details and added surf boards too. It's also definitely heavy duty, and ready for personalization.

Carl.

Exactly. By leaving details out, this design allows us to fill in some blanks ourselves, if we're so inclined. It definitely looks like a 60s Dodge, but with the right etching or paint, it could be an Econline or a Type 2 or whatever...

The only problem is....its a dodge!....=;0 it should've been a ...
Chevy....Chevy Corvair Van.!!!

Mine is the Orange one ;}
ofcourse I'll buy one and paint it.... im liken...bigtime

Latest posts

Back