Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 90mm drum laced up. The flimsy brake arm clamp it came with wasn't gonna cut it, so I used a 1" hinged MX seat clamp. Drilled a hole in the arm and cobbled a spacer and longer bolt together to get the spacing right.
C30A6C51-67CA-463D-8DE5-C344232479FE.jpg

A6ACF025-1934-4782-B6B1-E1996FD44157.jpg

F38416A3-0732-4AD8-B7FA-1CC76AD174B3.jpg

Might have a little issue with cable rub on the fork. Bending that lower arm in a little may be the trick to clear.
9D342C5C-0B1C-4AD1-975C-681E95A772BB.jpg

Last edited:
One of my LBS's was having a pretty good Christmas sale. Saw these 26x2.2 folding bead Forte Tsali tires at a discounted price. I'd never seen them before, but a little research and find out they're made by Gooodyear and reviews aren't bad either. They have decent tread without being too aggressive and claim to be a nice rolling tire. I wanted a good tire, but didn't feel like spending $79 a tire, so these'll do.

CB1FE109-EADC-4192-B7FD-CB150126BB0B.jpg

Just realized wher my shifters are goin too
Fabulous yeahas .

~ Rafael ~

Any chance you could link us to those rims? Like, a page with some specs, or where to buy'm? They appear to be crazy-beefy, and rim-brake compatible, which is rare these days....

The build is coming along really really nicely, btw.

That's rad. I can live with the pinned/bonded joint b/c the eyelets are a good thing, plus i love that it's so fat! Any idea what the ERD is? Google told me nothing and, surprisingly, the site doesn't list it, either...

(I think i'm gonna look at the Pro Class for my Article 1, and i want a set of the Star Disc rims too... gotta find the right project for them...)

Latest posts

Back