Custom Felt - Bullet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So it was time that I got back to work on my custom Felt. This has been on the back burner since my baby girl was born, that was over 10 months ago. :shock: So I decided to take this bike back apart yesterday, true the wheels, and continue cleaning the frame. The results are shown below.

I am still not done with it since I have to hook up the brakes and the shifter. I am also thinking of a different Brooks saddle and I'm not too convinced on the handlebars either. I also need to completely finish the clean up on the frame.

Not sure what to call it, but my wife suggested Bullet. 8)

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Go black Brooks B73, black brooks plump grips and maybe some nice fat all black slick tires, will look amazing. the bare frame and black will look great together

Thanks guys.

Seadragon, I can't decide between the black or brown B73. I really like the brown accent, but the black and silver is going well together too. Too many options, not enough cash. :?

Great looking bike! I built a very similar Giant Simple with the same vibe (bare aluminum frame, cream tyres on black rims, black forks, board tracker bars, brown leather seat), but that Felt frame and fork combo work so much better. Very nice work 8)

Hewey, link your bike here so I can check it out. I'm getting ready to change the handlebars and I need some other ideas. I will be trying some bars that Tater recommended a while back and I will be posting pics of that once I get them installed. With the current setup, my knees hit my arms, so I need more room to pedal.

Some times ) we have to sacrafice comfort for pure Badness , i think all your elbow work has paid off very well !

Ralph

rydr1 said:
Hewey, link your bike here so I can check it out. I'm getting ready to change the handlebars and I need some other ideas. I will be trying some bars that Tater recommended a while back and I will be posting pics of that once I get them installed. With the current setup, my knees hit my arms, so I need more room to pedal.

I used a 90s mountain bike stem and bars off a GT windstream hybrid bike. It looked best with the stem and bars upside down, but like yours was a pain to ride :lol:
SableandArgent115.jpg

As you can see in this pic, by flipping the stem up the right way I got a more reasonable riding position
simple049.jpg

This is another one of my bikes, these bars were just standard sweeping beach cruiser bars I trimmed down
1.jpg

2.jpg

Another option might be some ‘moustache’ bars
moustachebar.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpg

Cool pics hewey. My next step was to cut some cruiser handlebars like the ones on your Dyno. Originally I had thought about the mustache bars, but for now I went with the cheaper alternative. :mrgreen:

Ill update the post when I get those installed.

The 'stash bars look to me like they would have much the same wrist angles as Northroads (which I like) but give a bit more forward reach for a frame that is a bit short for a taller, or long armed, rider. With them a longer reach stem may not be needed, and even with more of a cruiser stem, still give a jaunty look/ride in the down position without being too far down.......gotta find me some 'cheap' to try out(yeah, good luck!).

Gcrank, thanks for the info on the other brand bars. I'll be taking a look at those as well.

Here are a few pics with the latest bars:
479ad5ba-1320-d9ef.jpg

479ad5ba-1335-2594.jpg

479ad5ba-136f-d3d8.jpg

Latest posts

Back