CWC Cycle truck..How would you build this odd ball?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seat post must have been rusted for decades but I was able to remove the sprocket assembly and squirt some kroil down the seat tube, a little heat and sticking it in a vise it twisted free!!
WIN!

IMG_5402.JPG
IMG_5403.JPG
IMG_5404.JPG
IMG_5403.JPG
IMG_5412.JPG
Thanks to a fellow cycle truck owners measurements of his basket mount I was able to recreate one!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 161
Always loved the cycle trucks, such odd balls

IMG_5867.JPG
It's been a while, but found a cheap mud flap and tail lights so just spitballing how this looks, will probably paint the flap when it comes together. What you think??

I've settled on a color. Good old rust-oleum satin LAGOON ! First attempt at a patina / rusty look, hope it looks believable. Sorry
It's taking a long time, everything bought just have to mock it up, ride it, then tear it apart for grease paint and final assembly.

IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_6019.JPG
After some tweaking of the rear drop outs / frame. Installed the matching rear rim with matching dart lighting tire, skip tooth chain, original chainring and Torrington #8 pedals. Rides and shifts like a dream and stops on a dime! Will shake it out for a few more miles and then try a patina paint job. My son was amazed how nice it rode.

Last edited:
So did you change the frame color from red to patina blue [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back