CyCLo KiLLeR - Last minute details, and a teaser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That’s all you get right now. I got a million ideas in my head, but no parts to speak of...yet, but I’ve been DYING to do something with this frame/bike for a while now.
2B0EAEA5-6E2A-4B92-A9E2-AAF5B987A004.jpeg

Is that a little Talking Heads reference?
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away

I take all my bikes apart, put all the brake parts in one box, plastic parts in another, etc. and then take a frame and start choosing parts that could fit - and before I know it the idea is there.

Nice choice of bike, I look forward to it being something else.

Have you had a chance to narrow down your million ideas yet?

Have you had a chance to narrow down your million ideas yet?
Still have a million ideas, some have come and some have gone, but still around a million. And still no parts...

Thought I would drop in here with an update. Maybe some pictures of some stuff tomorrow. As per usual, I have at least one big idea I’ve never seen done before that honestly has about a 40% chance of success, but will probably render the frame unusable if it doesn’t work, so no pressure? 🤷‍♂️

I’m going to start off with a bit of a disclaimer. This bike idea was born from just the cool name. Since it will basically be a weaponized bicycle, and this is a family-friendly website, and I’m not a psycho (I swear), I thought it was important to point out that this bike is about to be crafted into, let’s say, a ZOMBIE killing machine, not something an average madman would ride down to the 7-11 with ill-intentions. Just so we are all on the same page. No need to involve the authorities.

Oh, and I mis-spoke earlier. I did in fact buy two baseball bats earlier today for this build. And possibly some barbed wire.

Still have a million ideas, some have come and some have gone, but still around a million. And still no parts...

Thought I would drop in here with an update. Maybe some pictures of some stuff tomorrow. As per usual, I have at least one big idea I’ve never seen done before that honestly has about a 40% chance of success, but will probably render the frame unusable if it doesn’t work, so no pressure? 🤷‍♂️

I’m going to start off with a bit of a disclaimer. This bike idea was born from just the cool name. Since it will basically be a weaponized bicycle, and this is a family-friendly website, and I’m not a psycho (I swear), I thought it was important to point out that this bike is about to be crafted into, let’s say, a ZOMBIE killing machine, not something an average madman would ride down to the 7-11 with ill-intentions. Just so we are all on the same page. No need to involve the authorities.

Oh, and I mis-spoke earlier. I did in fact buy two baseball bats earlier today for this build. And possibly some barbed wire.
You have my attention

Got the frame stripped down to about everything I’m going to use. Saving the Nexus 3 speed for something else.

Unfortunately I may be stuck with this fork, due to the fact that my design relies on the extra-long steer tube, and forks with long necks are hard to find. These are the kinds of things I need to figure out six months in advance. I may be able to cut a little off the bottom and top to be able to fit a more normal fork.

Back to shopping for crossbows... 🤪

90918CB8-81C3-4664-9270-C24100AA89DA.jpeg

That is a cool swoopy frame.

So it probably doesn’t make much difference, but I threw the bike back together with wheels and tires that are closer to what I want to use so I could get the feel for the riding position I’m going after.

554AF2AF-614B-4F8D-804B-591A377A21BA.jpeg

Warning, next few pics may contain spoilers/foreshadowing...or not. I change my mind more than my underwear.

D5D2BCA4-E2A0-4753-AE82-BC6BD7403CE2.jpeg

5AF05684-D059-45C1-891C-44BE3348F158.jpeg

Maybe more this weekend. 🤷‍♂️

I hope you guys enjoy this, because I’m almost certainly on some kind of watch list now, especially since eBay now has my social security number...

659BD128-2BDD-4BAB-839A-0FF5595994A7.jpeg

PSA: “Youth” crossbow is absolutely no joke! I fired it off my back porch and it put a dent in my pole barn 125 feet away! Wasn’t expecting that...

1A112C4E-CE70-4755-A1A0-FA9312E6D381.jpeg

ABDDED0C-DA1A-4195-B2C1-CEFEF58B4624.jpeg

This little “feature” still needs a little engineering, but I think it’ll work well. The little sai’s ended up being just the right size.

F462A8C3-3D14-4A99-B231-231DBF70BB2F.jpeg
BB0BD3AD-4209-4717-8E2A-51655267D269.jpeg

Kind of a big step coming soon. Hope it works. 10 hour days at work sap my ambition by the time I get home, but long weekends make up for it.

Those assassin bars are wicked!!!

That is an absolutely outrageous bar design and I fully approve!!!!!

:113:

I hope you guys enjoy this, because I’m almost certainly on some kind of watch list now, especially since eBay now has my social security number...

View attachment 160483
PSA: “Youth” crossbow is absolutely no joke! I fired it off my back porch and it put a dent in my pole barn 125 feet away! Wasn’t expecting that...

View attachment 160488

View attachment 160489

This little “feature” still needs a little engineering, but I think it’ll work well. The little sai’s ended up being just the right size.

View attachment 160484View attachment 160485

Kind of a big step coming soon. Hope it works. 10 hour days at work sap my ambition by the time I get home, but long weekends make up for it.
Know exactly where you're coming from. I do 5 or 6 12 hour days a week. Lots to do Lots of ideas but get home and just want a shower and some dinner and then look at the bike and go to bed. I get every other weekend off but with everyday work around the house and the honey do list, that 4 mouth deadline creeps pretty quick. I like where you,re going with this build.

Let's hear it for the workers!

"Well, I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin'
Yes, I'm workin' all the time

It seems to me
I could live my life
A lot better than I think I am
I guess that's why they call me
They call me the workin' man
They call me the workin' man
I guess that's what I am

'Cause I get home at five o'clock
And I take myself out an ice cold beer
Always seem to be wonderin'
Why there's nothin' goin' down here"
Working Man
Rush

TOESLIDER thanks for changing your underwear. Please do so regularly. We thanks you. Be Well, SS.

Latest posts

Back