CyCLo KiLLeR - Last minute details, and a teaser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a psycho would pay $32 for this seat, right?View attachment 163610

1626186932767.png

Did you find a replacement nanner yet?

No, I can’t even find a reasonably priced nanner to decorate myself. You got anything?

Not that I can remember. I'll look around though.

No, I can’t even find a reasonably priced nanner to decorate myself. You got anything?
It's probably not the route you want, but I found this DIY nanner video the last week and I'm thinking of making one for my buildoff bike. If you used a Stuffed Care Bear for the seat cover, it could be pretty cool!

It's probably not the route you want, but I found this DIY nanner video the last week and I'm thinking of making one for my buildoff bike. If you used a Stuffed Care Bear for the seat cover, it could be pretty cool!

I love Laura's DIY videos!
She has great skills and crazy ideas. If she was more into bikes, she would blend right in into this forum!

Doesn’t matter how much time I get, I’m always doing everything in the last two weeks...

Did some handlebar engineering yesterday. Even though it’s just pictures, I wanted everything to actually work, which ended up being more complicated than I thought, but I found some materials to get it done:

DD08B2F4-C105-4177-9017-5CC09BBD7060.jpeg

Here’s the unassembled parts I ended up making and using. I used a combination of aluminum pipe and PEX plumbing pipe to get everything snug. The long red tube goes into the aluminum pipe to keep the end of the sword from knocking around, and the aluminum itself holds the two sections of handlebar together:
84CB27C3-1AF6-4F28-98F5-968C1E9543F9.jpeg

I used a section of blue PEX on the handle of the sword so I could get an actual bike grip to work:
5E010871-3F3F-4E67-9654-A0BD8ACFF75A.jpeg

This is not the greatest shot, but it shows everything assembled. Bars will probably be wrapped to hide everything:
81866CC9-5C6A-48E1-B371-C713F6DACC28.jpeg

And here is one of the finished swords, out of its handlebar “sheath”:
B8CB74F9-04D1-45CD-8A3C-49D79BD94C38.jpeg

Still a long way to go, but I was able to put all the important bits together at the same time and go for a spin. The rules don’t specify a turning radius, but I was able to navigate down my driveway and back without stopping, so that’s probably good enough for everyone but OddJob 😂. Looks like this one will be coming in right under the wire again, if I make it 🤔.

E55DB5D2-F8E7-45A5-9FA0-D98619FFDAF8.jpeg
7BC43430-D01E-489F-B4C6-5BBD3A25393E.jpeg

Absolutely love your interesting steerer setup. It looks very cool. I'm very wary of sharp objects attached to my bicycle. You have done a very good job of protecting yourself from the sharp and yet still have it available. I don't know how my local Gendarmes would respond to me riding around with a crossbow visible. Crossbows are not covered by the 2nd amendment.

Well the BO gives us the opportunity to go wild, more a concept bike that technically is rideable. For a daily use it can be reworked or deprived of its decoration. Like we all shoot are seats slammed, but we usually ride them higher.
I think it could steer quite well with apes. But they may make that sheath idea impossible.

Latest posts

Back