CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cleared.....

junknutz1975 said:
Looks slick!

I love the stampings 8)

Insane shop ya got there btw :wink:

Thanks junknutz. I'm lucky enough to have 24/7 access to that shop :D .......there's heaps more cool stuff in it as well.

When I ordered the wide rims, Choppers U.S. were out of the wide rim strips, so I had to make my own. For the tire testing and mock- ups, I used two standard strips and some tape, but decided it wasn't good enough.

I picked up some 50mm neoprene strip and contact cement, then measured how long they needed to be, cut and glued them together and punched a valve stem hole.

7c74acdb-8247-459b-97ca-f670b0dccdb1.jpg

aa1e553c-0a51-4a1e-bf85-75bbf7bcfc15.jpg

a9869b0f-bb84-445b-9fac-65cdc3354b44.jpg

9a354b7b-7911-4d36-961f-e95f2b21754c.jpg

57f518f8-4020-424d-9e7b-75a756ecc5b2.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Done.....

Done.........well almost :D I want to try and rig up a working tail light. I have an old Harley light I will have a play around with tonight. I went for a ride and took a few pics at my favorite brick wall this afternoon, just in case I don't get a chance to take any more this week......have a huge week at work coming up and our annual swap next week-end.

I am a very happy builder right now :D :D :D

448dac24-20ad-4b4b-9a89-104cab0286f3.jpg

daaae777-e9d9-4f2d-830c-e7985654b2fa.jpg

3530a43d-9321-4184-8340-820cfab8a3c4.jpg

Well done Mr. Bean!!

kingfish254 said:
Well done Mr. Bean!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: .............Thanks for that, kingfish.............I'm a teacher, so get called Mr. Bean about 200 times a day.

After I put the bike together, and decided it looked a bit bare on the front end, I quickly did an LED conversion on an old light I had, which can be seen in the last pics I posted. After finishing the headlight, I figured I'd better make a tail light as well, and dug this old light out of a parts bin. A friend used to have it on his Harley bobber, and gave it to me a couple of years ago. I did a real quick conversion tonight, by hot glueing a small bicycle head light inside it and drilling a hole in the shell so I can get to the switch. A bit rough, but effective, and I don't believe in putting any parts on a bike that don't work, or serve a purpose.

c32623eb-58e2-4084-b6fe-2bcf9205f057.jpg

5ffa0236-ada5-478a-908d-ec051b0d6d6e.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Tail light

You just keep on getting better ideas along the way.

Like the tail light too.

Good that you have people who realize that your parts box can turn into anything so contribute to it along the way.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cutting it fine.......

Kroozerdave said:
You just keep on getting better ideas along the way.

Like the tail light too.

Good that you have people who realize that your parts box can turn into anything so contribute to it along the way.

tvc15 said:
super sleek, that is one heck of a build!

Thanks guys :D I'm gonna be cutting it fine though. Have a huge day at work tomorrow, then off to set up our camp and site at our annual swap for Saturday. I still have to make a tail light bracket and take some more pics on Sunday..........here's hoping for good pitcher takin' weather.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Finished

Got the light bracket made this morning and took some more pics. Seriously ran out of time and energy after a few huge days at work, and our annual swap on Friday and Saturday.

I did sell a heap of stuff though and picked up an 80's Hutch BMX for $5............yes $5 :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy had no idea what he had, and I wasn't about to tell him :shock: . When I get some more time over the next few days, I will start researching to try and find out a year and model for it and post some pics. It does have a couple of dings, but I'm sure I'll get a little bit more than five for it when I sell the frame and fork............it has an ANLUN stem as well :D

Now to get some pics up in the Finished Bikes section and sleeeeeeep. Tomorrow, I can start checking out some of the other builds............something I haven't been able to do much this year :oops:

I like to incorporate some kind of music equipment or link in my builds. On Krusty Kargo, I used a roadcase for the box, Bareknuckle Brawler had a Van Halen influence with the odometer reading 5150 and "I can't drive 55" sticker on the speedometer, and Atomic Punk used a vintage style microphone for the tail light.

This year, I used a drum tension rod as the coaster brake arm bolt.
e588d745-7d5d-44ff-aa15-a53c81ca7b20.jpg

Like I posted on 1boomtrucks build thread I'm going to post on yours. I feel your bike should be at the top of the vote count. You did an amazing job. You've built a true custom bicycle. It was fun to watch. I hope you build more customs in the future. I'll definitely be watching whether here on RRB or somewhere else. Congrats!
Dan.

King Zebba said:
Like I posted on 1boomtrucks build thread I'm going to post on yours. I feel your bike should be at the top of the vote count. You did an amazing job. You've built a true custom bicycle. It was fun to watch. I hope you build more customs in the future. I'll definitely be watching whether here on RRB or somewhere else. Congrats!
Dan.

Thank you Dan :D . Where my bikes finish in the voting in these things never worries me, as I only really use the build-off as motivation to build a bike and get it finished in a time frame. I pretty much made things up on the fly with this bike, and have learned a lot. After seeing your magnificent effort, and boomtruck's, I am now inspired to build more frames/bikes, and will be building myself a jig, and buying a Tig welder ( I'll probably ask you for some advice later about building a jig). I also thought your bike would be much higher in the voting..........it deserves to be!

Congrats to you as well, for building an awesome bike!
Larren

bean said:
King Zebba said:
Dan.

Thank you Dan :D . Where my bikes finish in the voting in these things never worries me, as I only really use the build-off as motivation to build a bike and get it finished in a time frame. I pretty much made things up on the fly with this bike, and have learned a lot. After seeing your magnificent effort, and boomtruck's, I am now inspired to build more frames/bikes, and will be building myself a jig, and buying a Tig welder ( I'll probably ask you for some advice later about building a jig). I also thought your bike would be much higher in the voting..........it deserves to be!

Congrats to you as well, for building an awesome bike!
Larren

You did a great job on your bike, I like the design of it and how low it sits. I agree with Dan King Zebba about the builds but as I told him I am new to this site and this is my first bicycle I have built, and have started collecting parts for the next one.

Jasen

Hey buddy!! Congrats on a great build and a great showing in the voting!!!!
Also congrats on winning the 5th Place Flexy Prize!
PM coming your way shortly for address

PRIZE D
Kingfish254
Electra Saddle
5th Place Flexy Prize for Traditional
5th Place Flexy Prize for Anything Goes
WINNER = PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE SIDE CAR by tanksalot
WINNER = CYCOBILLY DELUXE - bean

IMG_1588.jpg

Latest posts

Back