Daddy Long Legs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power Cranks were also a thing.

Man, Anyone else miss "Bikeman" on YT? My brother told me about him and I learned a lot. :thumbsup: Never saw that video though. Those cranks would be crazy on a group ride or parade tho. Think brigade of Shriners with synchronized pedaling. :)

Man, Anyone else miss "Bikeman" on YT? My brother told me about him and I learned a lot. :thumbsup: Never saw that video though. Those cranks would be crazy on a group ride or parade tho. Think brigade of Shriners with synchronized pedaling. :)
I love watching his old road bike and fixie videos.

Think I'll put these on the shopping list...
View attachment 129471
Holy shamoly, after hours of looking online, figuring out what shipping cost and duty work out to, and comparing almost every vendor in the amazon, and eventually figuring out who has what scarce stock, got a search result for the LBS! They actually have 2 in stock, in the size I want, for LESS than any online option! I'm picking them up after work!
Now I just need wheels to put them on. After that it's just bars, shifter and crank, and I'll be rolling

Wow waking up the dead here. Got some goodies cleaned up and ready to mount
IMG_20220608_110101766.jpg

I grabbed two sets in case anything was missing. Or if I lost/broke/forgot what order things went back in. The good set hardly needed a rebuild, clicked like a fishing reel. ingola made me do it.
IMG_20220608_102716270.jpg

It is not surprising that these things still work perfectly, almost every part in there is metal. The flashlight is essential for the tiny piece that I will invariably drop into the dark void under the bench.
I didn't need a thing from the spare set, they'll find a home on a future project, got some GripeShifts to replace

Wow waking up the dead here. Got some goodies cleaned up and ready to mount
View attachment 196110
I grabbed two sets in case anything was missing. Or if I lost/broke/forgot what order things went back in. The good set hardly needed a rebuild, clicked like a fishing reel. ingola made me do it.
View attachment 196111
It is not surprising that these things still work perfectly, almost every part in there is metal. The flashlight is essential for the tiny piece that I will invariably drop into the dark void under the bench.
I didn't need a thing from the spare set, they'll find a home on a future project, got some GripeShifts to replace
Hey you laid it all out as it came apart and put it all together without loosing or breaking anything and went through with the polish.
download.jpeg

Latest posts

Back