Dark Muscle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20200908_155551.jpg

Heres my starting point. Picked this up a few weeks ago. The paintjob wasn't the best.

It's either a kustom kruiser (dyno) roadster or a very good knockoff. The welds and lines look identical to my roadster and coaster.

Originally started the idea for these last build off, but never finished even the wheels lol.

Probably gonna use these..

IMG_20200916_191314_730.jpg

20201002_072005.jpg

Heres where they sit. Just some old 10 gauge spokes heavy duty wheels with a bendix.

Matte black spray bomb, made a template out, drilled some holes and fastened in these 30mm spikes.

It's either a kustom kruiser (dyno) roadster or a very good knockoff. The welds and lines look identical to my roadster and coaster.

Originally started the idea for these last build off, but never finished even the wheels lol.

Probably gonna use these..

View attachment 140134
Why didn't I think of that. Punks not dead. My family always tells the story of the time we got held up in Zurich at the airport because I had a Haliburton filled with petrified wood from Silvaplana as carry on. They insist it was the leather pants, leather duster, dog collar black lipstick and liberty spikes but I think it was just because it looked suspicious all those rocks wrapped in tinfoil in a giant drug dealer suitcase. That and a big American kid speaking French and Italian didn't jibe with them

Last edited:
Aw
View attachment 140136

Next to some newly powdered volk wheels for my car.

That's the color scheme though.. black and bronze.
Man, for a second there I thought you were going to use a car tire in the back. I have always wanted to try that.

Aw

Man, for a second there I thought you were going to use a car tire in the back. I have always wanted to try that.
I'd love to, but those are my babies lol. Theres maybe 5 sets in the US. I wish I had the fab skills the guys on the site do. I got tons of ideas...

I'd love to, but those are my babies lol. Theres maybe 5 sets in the US.
Why five sets? Volk racing wheels made it down to my final three when I was selecting wheels for my Mustang. I ended up going with Forgestars as the weight was about the same for much less $$$ :grin:.

Is it because they are modular? I don't think I've seen a modular Volk before.

I'd love to, but those are my babies lol. Theres maybe 5 sets in the US. I wish I had the fab skills the guys on the site do. I got tons of ideas...
I wouldn't know anything about that bro. I wouldn't know anything about that whole VW cult scene man.
16179821_1402025693195980_3484032209716805644_o.jpg

Those farfreaknugent dudes are crazy
18738582_1544376042294277_3163197026157872518_o.jpg

Last edited:
Why five sets? Volk racing wheels made it down to my final three when I was selecting wheels for my Mustang. I ended up going with Forgestars as the weight was about the same for much less $$$ :grin:.

Is it because they are modular? I don't think I've seen a modular Volk before.
No, many volks were 2 piece back in the day. These ones in particular are early forged gram lights. GL-57f pro. They never got imported by wholesalers in the us. Ended up getting them local from a guy whose brother lives in Japan.

Same barrels as the volk gtc, which are what the bicycle wheels are laying on. Those were quite famous being featured on
Nfsu2-win-cover.jpg

So, I've renamed this build to Dark Muscle.

Building a bike over in the bmx category as well. They will be done in similiar styles!

Latest posts

Back