day tripper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so ive been wanting a nice road bike for awhile now. nothing to high end, but not cheap junk :roll:
a few weeks ago my friend gave me this 80s peugeot. the wheels didnt match, so i swipped a pair of campy wheels off my atala. than after about 200 buck into it(tires/tubes/shift cables/pedals,ect,ect...) i decided i didnt like it. it felt to "tall"
i did the standover test. 2 milk crates. one on each side of the bike. stand on 'em w/ the bike between yer legs and jump off the crates :lol:
so after i stopped singing soprano and could see straight i realised this bike was to tall for me(i'm 5'3").
IMG_5167_zpse26fde5b.jpg

so sat i went to my pals bike shop to see what he had. he hooked me up w/ this great short touring frame/fork. it's a shogun made in japan.
IMG_5169_zpsf0e16f9a.jpg

sorry the pix so dark. now i'm in the process of swaping most everything over and digging up a few more good bits.
more pix as i make more progress.

*i didnt really jump off milk crates, but it's still funny :lol:

so, i swapped over most everything and afew things i kept for aside for this. still got a long way to go
IMG_5178_zps0c222194.jpg

well, i got a little more done. really to finish this up i need to get gear & brake cables and bar wrap.
than i mite dress it out w/ fenders and a front rack. dont think i'll go crazy w/ paniers
IMG_5185_zps70b5820a.jpg

I think it turned out nice! as long as it fits and you like it is really what matters, but I think its cool. A touring frame can easily double as a road bike. ;)

Latest posts

Back