DC FINDS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do identify if it's Prestige chromo? It's light! Yeah It's been cobbled together over the years, someone jammed that Tomac bar into the handle bar stem, wrecked the powdercoating on it at one point. It has an Araya front wheel and Alex wheel for the rear. SR low fat pedals. The thumb shifters need some work but I think they are salvageable. The brake levers we're fubared and had broken clamp boots but I was able to drill them out luckily and fix that so far. Also do you know of a source for replacement decals if I repainted it?

How do identify if it's Prestige chromo
Without this sticker, I don't know how you could.
images (3).jpeg

Maybe if you were to compare weight to a known Tange frame?
I only know one source for retro decals. He's in England, but his MTB stuff is spot on
https://m.facebook.com/retrodecals/

Thanks for all the feedback and help, the fork is an Alpinstar replacement. The guy i bought it from installed it years ago he said. Where would be the best place to sell the parts if I parted it out? Unfortunately there is no Tange logos on the frame, its been through a rough life, it was covered in decals and its been repainted in spots over the years, it was probably ripped off at one point.

Installed the fenders today, used some rustoleum appliance epoxy paint that was on sale. Hopefully holds up ok.

View attachment 184009View attachment 184010View attachment 184011
View attachment 184013
Had my helper with her tool box hanging out.
View attachment 184012
Careful there. When my daughter was two she helped me install new speakers in our BMW. Before I knew it she had used my cordless drill to put holes in the seat. Their fast at mischief. Those power tools might be too alluring.

Careful there. When my daughter was two she helped me install new speakers in our BMW. Before I knew it she had used my cordless drill to put holes in the seat. Their fast at mischief. Those power tools might be too alluring.
Lol thanks for the warning, she is 6 though and fairly responsible. I suspect the mischief with her will be in her teens.....

You do a lot better flipping bikes than I do around here.. Nobody wants to pay anything for a good quality refurbished older bike.
They'd rather go buy a bike at Walmart.
I gave up. Wasn't worth my time, garage space, and hastle dealing with people to make $20, or just break even.

I dont make a ton on them but I do alright, Its more of my hobby to fund my bikes/parts that I keep. Ive flipped 73 bikes since August of last year so far and averaged about 35 dollars profit per bike. I have a spreadsheet I put together to track my flips.

I dont make a ton on them but I do alright, Its more of my hobby to fund my bikes/parts that I keep. Ive flipped 73 bikes since August of last year so far and averaged about 35 dollars profit per bike. I have a spreadsheet I put together to track my flips.
Can’t flip bikes for profit here either

My brother in law asked me to sell this Surly Moonlander fat bike for him. It's pretty neat, has a retrofitted Bionx e bike kit. It's heavy as heck though and the studded tires make it a pain to move around the house without scratching up the floor.

20220225_210448.jpg

Picked up some more bikes tonight, grabbed these 2 cruisers for 180 for the pair. The white bike is a Felt with sweet tires and high flange front wheel. I think it will be going into my collection. The pink bike is Marin with a 3 speed nexus hub, that bike I will flip. Also picked up a Devinci Milano road bike that's cobbled together with misc components for 45 dollars.

20220225_225327.jpg

20220225_225707.jpg

20220225_223212.jpg

Picked up this Miyata Terra Runner last night. It's in pretty good shape, spent about 3 hours polishing and detailing it to flip. Used the white vinegar rust removal trick on the pedals, didn't want to scuff them and repaint. Keeping the patina and originality for the next owner lol.

20220301_101944.jpg

20220301_101918.jpg

20220301_102007.jpg

20220301_102015.jpg

20220228_223658.jpg

20220301_094521.jpg

Found this Norco Tumbleweed for free this afternoon on Kijiji, gave it a wash and a quick going through. Sold it for 25 bucks in the first 10 mins it was listed.

20220301_163533.jpg

Picked up this beauty this afternoon, my wife and I are house shopping right now and this bike was covered in dust in the corner of a garage at a house we looked at. I asked the realtor if he could talk to the owner about me buying it, the owner said sure, it's yours for 35 bucks!

1989 Kuwahara Cascade, Shimano mountain lx group set, SIS thumb shifters, Exage u brake, Ukai wheels, Tange chromoly fork, Ishiwata Japanese chromoly frame, Vetta gel seat, SR pedals, Suzue seat post quick release. It's pretty minty!

20220302_173521.jpg

20220302_173713.jpg

20220302_173552.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back