• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD DecoBike For Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DecoBike was one of the original bike sharing programs in the country. It started in 2009 in Miami and eventually spread to a few other cities before becoming Citibank CitiBikes (this exact bike can be found in the original proposal to Citibank and was used as the prototype). How this bicycle made it to a scrap yard in the Bronx is a mystery but I found it and brought it back to life. The major issue is that the bike was designed to be tamper/theft proof so all the components are either not removable (like the seat post that is fitted into the down tube) or are non-standard sizes with special tools required for maintenance. I was planning to put either a gas or electric motor on it but never got around to it and decided it's time for someone else to enjoy it. It's amazing that the lights on the pedals and taillight still work with movement. I called DecoBike and asked them about the "RFID Trackable" sticker and they said that was ancient history and perfectly legal to own the bike. I am asking $200 for the bicycle and pick-up only in Greenwich Ct.
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0369.jpgIMG_0370.jpg

Go to the top of the thread. There's a little "dot dot dot" button:
Screenshot_20220311-083855.png

Accesses a pull down menu, click Edit thread, and you can put "sold" in the title. There is a limit restricting how far back you can go, but I don't know what it is

Latest posts

Back