Deep Contusion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not use it? It's a RAT. It would add another element of character. You'd have NEW, not so NEW, and not NEW at all. 3 different elements.

That stem is really nice!

Hmm, yeah... I don't know. It would be The ONLY thing not painted black, blue, yellow, or purple. I have another cool stem that will work. Honestly, I wouldn't want to waste a stem that cool on this bike design. You will understand when it's finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've had a good on this build so far....so go with your gut.

This stem will work

4ea1e2df661ed586c87e38c365789a2a.jpg

Hmm. I'm not sure I like it. Might look better if it was blue, but I don't think I could match the paint. I might like it better without it. OR, maybe if I ...

Doodadery is always cool if you have fun!
Cool Fink art!

I'm expecting to get my last part within the next day or two, then I should be putting the finishing touches for its photo shoot

Don't forget to post in the Finished section before the deadline Monday night.

So, a day of riding presented a couple squeaks and groans in the cranks. I guess I could have taken some pics, called it "finished", and then fixed the issues later, but I just couldn't. Put a new bearing cup on the one that was "groaning" and it's back to running smooth and quiet. I also need to adjust the front fender and retune the gearing. Ready for entry.

Latest posts

Back