Deleting/editing posts and thread titles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Well, we gave it a shot with the new crew and opened the controls to be able to go in and delete content and it already backfired slightly. (We'll call it a hiccup) We had a whole bunch of threads and posts and all of the content contained within get deleted across various forums. Not sure what occurred and don't want to speculate. Luckily nothing is lost in the servers and we have started adding some of them back in already. Due to this the controls are going to get tweaked slightly

1. Regular members will have the ability to delete a post and not a thread. The time frame for editing or post deleting is 1 month.
2. Same for premium members but their editing / deleting time is 2 months.

If there are any special cases please contact the staff and request a special status for a short period so something can be updated on your end. Or you can always report your own post and leave a note for what you are looking for. We realize that in some cases such as classifieds this causes chaos as items sell and you'd like to update those posts down the road. We'll do all we can to keep things humming along

Duplicate thread? Reach out or report it

Older stuff you want deleted? Reach out or report it

You need threads moved or even archived? Reach out or report it

Need a thread locked or title change? Hit us up

Any questions, feel free to message any one the staff and we'll do our best

Peace!

@RustyGold , I can't edit my thread title this morning? The option isn't available where I usually find it.
I use that to attract viewers, changing the title every few days. Please send me a convo when you get it fixed.

I've been editing mine all during the build off. Just this morning I couldn't see it anymore. It WAS turned on, now off.

Working on some things behind the scenes to see if it allows permissions to be set by separate sub forum and so forth. It's possible that there may be a lever to throw that would allow title changes and also sale/wanted updates only, but Angie needs to investigate

We'll see where it goes

We really need the possibility to change our titles now and then!
For me, I don't want to be stuck in the CAD Phase of my build forever...
Or maybe I want to rename my build later on, you never know ahead of time...
And I also remember others posting an empty placeholder post to add a parts list later on...
Lots of positive reasons to keep editing open...!
Deleting posts or entire threads on the other hand should be in the hands of the mods.

We really need the possibility to change our titles now and then!
For me, I don't want to be stuck in the CAD Phase of my build forever...
Or maybe I want to rename my build later on, you never know ahead of time...
And I also remember others posting an empty placeholder post to add a parts list later on...

Lots of positive reasons to keep editing open...!
Deleting posts or entire threads on the other hand should be in the hands of the mods.
Very valid points

@Angie

Very valid points

@Angie
I for example keep a intro thread where I usually update my first post with all my bikes and links to the respective threads. There is not much editing going on, but let's say every half year or so I throw in an update to keep the list of my bikes up to date. With the new rules this post will remain in the state it is now...🤷

Working on some things behind the scenes to see if it allows permissions to be set by separate sub forum and so forth. It's possible that there may be a lever to throw that would allow title changes and also sale/wanted updates only, but Angie needs to investigate

We'll see where it goes
I think it would be a good idea to differentiate between active and inactive parts of the forum.
Active parts like builds and especially build offs should be kept open to changes and on the other hand archived build off threads don't need the full bells and whistles of editing. In fact it makes perfect sense to lock the names to make them better searchable.

I was thinking about one or two name changes for my build in the future once I nail down the style, but it ain't no big thang

Yes, I would suggest that everyone on RRB should configure a WATCH on the FORUM TALK sub forum. That way you will be alerted when any new topics are posted.

That is the sub forum where this should be so that we don't have multiple threads about the same thing.

That's why I posted it there in the first place, but yes I agree. If changes happen or management needs to make an announcement it'll be posted there. Otherwise "you don't know what you don't know"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back