To the Class One

and

Class Two Winners!!!

Deleting/Editing posts and threads

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is that why I can't even edit my "Let's Trade" thread? I can understand not wanting a bunch of useful info to be deleted, but I can't even edit a post to let folks know if something I have listed for sale/trade is no longer available? Or even just change the title of a build thread months later when I change direction on the build? That doesn't make sense. So what am I supposed to do, just start a whole new thread or just add updates in the replies?

I don't want to be so negative over the new changes, like the reduced number of pictures you can post at a time, or the limited-time given to edit threads/thread titles, but this is already sounding like all those stories I've heard about that small business that was doing just fine, until someone new took over and changed everything, all because they overlooked those few key ingredients that made that small business successful in the first place. Sure, these changes aren't that big, but I feel like if this keeps up, ratrodbikes.com runs the risk of becoming unrecognizable in a few years' time. I've left other websites due to stuff like that. The changes start off small, barely even an inconvenience, and then after a few years, they change the site's entire layout, and I can't find anything anymore.

Please, please do not let that be the direction this forum goes. I like it here, even more than The C.A.B.E., and I don't want to see yet another place of refuge on the web succumb to corporate meddling. I'm only just now hearing about all of this, and it's already raising some red flags.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
We are dedicated to keeping this forum running in the spirit of what Steve created. @Captain Awesome, @Angie and I are here to help out with any changes you need (title changes, etc), just let us know.

There has already been concessions made based on the unique culture of this site (six months of editing priveledges on the build off threads, etc). There really is no cause for outrage at this time.

The bottom line is that Steve had been less active on the site for quite a while and had mentioned that his interests had changed. What we have now is a path forward post-Steve. That was essentially his gift to us on his departure...let's run with it!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are dedicated to keeping this forum running in the spirit of what Steve created. @Captain Awesome, @Angie and I are here to help out with any changes you need (title changes, etc), just let us know.

There has already been concessions made based on the unique culture of this site (six months of editing priveledges on the build off threads, etc). There really is no cause for outrage at this time.

The bottom line is that Steve had been less active on the site for quite a while and had mentioned that his interests had changed. What we have now is a path forward post-Steve. That was essentially his gift to us on his departure...let's run with it!
Ok. Well, I already just added an update in a reply to the ad I mentioned earlier, and it was really just the one at the moment.

I'm not outraged, but I was a little annoyed and worried when I learned about this. I guess the image-per-post limit is back to normal as well, so that's comforting.

Well, if I run into any more issues, I'll be sure to ask one of you for assistance.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance 👑
Staff member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please, please do not let that be the direction this forum goes. I like it here, even more than The C.A.B.E.

I'd hope so but to each their own :bigsmile:

In all seriousness, the changes haven't been THAT drastic. I've admined forums that were completely destroyed during buyouts and made over to be unrecognizable. This stuff has been pretty small in comparison. And it IS a business after all. We really can't expect there to be no changes with new ownership. That being said, Angie has thus far really shown she's flexible and willing to make this all work out. She has people she has to report to and they have some things that are status quo for them. We're working through them and finding what's doable and what fits for everyone. Middle ground so to speak

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Changes thus far have been subtle, and as we have brought any issues to Angie's attention, it seems she has either changed them to our liking rather quickly, or provided a compromise when needed. I don't feel that any of the changes will effect the culture we have on RRB. To be honest, the culture isn't driven by ownership, it's built by us, the users. It has been a couple of months now and I feel that we are in good hands.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure hey we can’t edit old thread posts, i ran into that recently. I could do a reply but not add a correction to a post last edited in 2020.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure hey we can’t edit old thread posts, i ran into that recently. I could do a reply but not add a correction to a post last edited in 2020.

The historic posts editing is turned off to keep it to a more recent time frame. Especially something from a year ago.
Get with me if it's a technical issue in the first post and we can work something out to allow a time to fix that post, then back to what is normal now.

Latest posts