"Deluxe 6" Rat Racer build diary ALMOST DONE!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i realllly like that tank. ive wanted to do one like that on a bike for a whole, and seeing yours makes me like it evenmore
question though: what size threader is that? ive been looking for one for afew months now, and can never quite get the right size. thanks

snydur said:
i realllly like that tank. ive wanted to do one like that on a bike for a whole, and seeing yours makes me like it evenmore
question though: what size threader is that? ive been looking for one for afew months now, and can never quite get the right size. thanks

Glad you like the tank. I believe the thread size is a 1" 24 pitch but you might want to verify that. They are hard to find and expensive if you do find one. I got mine from a guy who owned a bike shop and bought two of them many years ago. He was retired and sold me his extra.

Dude! Everytime I check your thread I am more impressed! Keep up the good work & I hope to catch up in the next few days! 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

THIS BIKE KICKS A##!! SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 10 IF NOT THE WINNER. MAY HAVE TO GET ONE OF MY VOTES. WHAT EVER AMOUNT OF VOTES WE HAVE IT'S TOO MANY GOOD BIKES TO CHOOSE FROM....GTB!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
THIS BIKE KICKS A##!! SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 10 IF NOT THE WINNER. MAY HAVE TO GET ONE OF MY VOTES. WHAT EVER AMOUNT OF VOTES WE HAVE IT'S TOO MANY GOOD BIKES TO CHOOSE FROM....GTB!! PEACE

Thanks guys!

Just in time for the Savannah Craft Brew Fest that happens this weekend, I finished the RRB BO #6 Bonus Brew Trophy.
Some of you may remember the commemorative brews that I did for my BEER RUN entry and how I promised to do the same for the top three winners.
Well, my graphics were extremely basic and it turns out that the winner (petrohead) is a graphic designer. He came up with an awesome label theme that includes a bike chain border and a skiptooth chainring on the neck label.

Without further ado, let me present Petrohead with the first Build Off 6 brew from Rat Rod Bikes Brewery (Kingfish Bottling Co).

Rat Racer 6 - Rusty Leather Lager

WP_000170.jpg

WP_000171.jpg

WP_000172.jpg

WP_000169.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Just in time for the Savannah Craft Brew Fest that happens this weekend, I finished the RRB BO #6 Bonus Brew Trophy.
Some of you may remember the commemorative brews that I did for my BEER RUN entry and how I promised to do the same for the top three winners.
Well, my graphics were extremely basic and it turns out that the winner (petrohead) is a graphic designer. He came up with an awesome label theme that includes a bike chain border and a skiptooth chainring on the neck label.

Without further ado, let me present Petrohead with the first Build Off 6 brew from Rat Rod Bikes Brewery (Kingfish Bottling Co).

Rat Racer 6 - Rusty Leather Lager

WP_000170.jpg

:shock: Thanks King fish! You really are the King Fish!!

Your welcome dude!!
Thank you for the cool graphics work!!
WP_000177.jpg

How did you antique the brass badges?

Vintagebikelover24 said:
How did you antique the brass badges?

With the help of Jones & Son I made the badges and left them in their raw finish with no protect-ant. Then I made a little contraption that held and ounce or so of ammonia, put that in a larger container that suspended the badges or other brass parts in the fumes (not directly in the liquid) above the ammonia. Capped the container off and depending what the part is you can get different effects with the time left in the contraption. Just sort of helps the natural process along in a hurry. I think I left the badges in there over night (about 8 hours or so). Make sure the brass is clean and clear of fingerprints or any other contaminant and be very careful with the ammonia. That stuff is bad news. Mask and eye protection and very well ventilated area. I used a small fan to blow fumes away.

Okay sounds good. Thanks

Latest posts

Back