Deville

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LIKE the Cadillac theme!

Being the Cadillac guy I am.

A Lincoln is only a puffed-up Ford (gotta stir the pot a little bit) heh.

Schwinnspastic said:
....ever seen a jacked up caddy ?

I know it's only a model but here you go, ugly as sin I know. But there's no accounting for taste.

90891r.jpg

lol thats the Ghetto version of a monster truck, Now if ya'sa Redneck, Yuda took dem dur tarrs of that Broham and slapped on soma dem der Good yer Terra Tars, the big 'Uns. And yuda puta Gunn rak in tha back seat. :mrgreen: Then yuda took it mud boggin and went to the fleamarket.

I know I am going to get it for saying this, but I love that one Firewalker. There's something about the sheer absurdity of these donks or bubbles or whatever that appeals to me.

the bike is at least rideable now but like any caddy ...it handles like a boat :D
here my little test rider takes it for a spin around the block, you might notice I put the shifter
in a safe place...I like my girls to keep both hands on the bars and yes that is a caddy shifter nob
on a shimano friction shifter.
100_5177.jpg

the rear fender was a dented mess so out came the ball pien and a block of wood ... looks alot better now, its off a Schwinn heavy duty also added a caddy trunk badge.
100_5182.jpg

I used a 5.5" crank and a 39 tooth sprocket and 5 sp. cog on the rear but its still tough to pedal up hill so it may get a smaller
crank and I am now working on the tank and horn unit.

thanks for your oppinion but the ride quality with the springer was terible and the bike is for a lady so....
I will gladly accept any and all input for this bike and so far I have not done anything that cant be reversed .

Can't wait to see what you come up with!(kinda liked the springer but u gotta make her cruise nice for the lady!)L8 EM

4 days off but I only found an hour to spend on this bike and it doesn't look like I'll have any time before the deadline "I can't believe how busy
I have been lately" so I guess this is the finnished product for now.
100_5219.jpg

I put the bike back together with the springer but raised it up about an inch, handles a little better, added a ratty Schwinn button saddle
put the original tank on ( its been in a box for ten years , did not want the kids to ruin it in the past)and fixed the horn contacts, I drilled
holes in the chain gaurd for the caddy scripts and put that on also added a vintage thumb bell.
the gaurd mounted
100_5221.jpg

closer look at the shifter
100_5184.jpg

I hope I can find more time for the next build and more rat inspiration as "this pink caddy aint to ratty" in my oppinion

Not ratty at all. It's beautiful and elegant. Just like the highway queen she was modeled after. Sweet ride. Great build.

finished pics posted ? well finished for now, I'll put lights on it later and perhaps a more comfy saddle.
original parts...'68 frame, tank, seat post and head set
all caddy parts from a '64 Deville convertable
wheels are nos Diamondback chrome steel late 80s
tires Kenda knobby whites
chain gaurd off a 70s breeze
repop springer and krate pedals
sprocket 39 tooth Murray from a 10 sp.
crank from bicycle desighner 5.5 "
stem and bars from a brats lowrider
rear fender '75 Schwinn heavy duty

I have to say there are a bunch of very cool rats in this build so picking the coolest rat will be tough !

Congrats to all you ratters now go ride 'em

Mark

Latest posts

Back