Devil's Darling

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Devil's Darling put me through h*ll. I could not have finished her up with out my 4yr old son, Jack James's help.
272-1.jpg

*1947 columbia frame
*50's ? jc higgins be-hive fork
*40's elgin wheels and hubs
* Sweathart sprocket with beat down serviceable teardrop pedals
* aft peaked fender came off a 46" hiawatha, it was the front fender, just had to drill mount holes then a notch on left side for chain
* diamond brand skiptooth chain, that i brought back to life.
* tires i got at a thrift store, $10 for the set (what a score!)
* reused all old hardwhare. all nuts, bolts, washers, aft cog, chain, & everything else that needed rust removed, I soaked in
vinegar, then vigerously skrubbed with brass wire brush. rinse and dry immediately. it removes all rust and leavs the metall a brass
yellow color. I think it also stops new corrosion to start.
281.jpg

275.jpg
Thanks!! RRB ROCKS!!!

Awesome bike, but you need to post a build thread for it to be eligible.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56347

The BUILD OFF is just as much about seeing the work as it is the finished product.

unfortunately i'm to poor to even buy a digital camera. i had to use the neighbors to take my pics. so i couldn't document the build. If my bike is INVALID, thats ok you can still enjoy the pics. I will refer to you for any more regulation questions. Thanks!!!

I am not the judge and didn't make up the rules. They are stated pretty clearly. Anyone will tell you that I want as many bikes in the build off as we can get. Within the rules, that is.

When did you start your build and when did you finish it?

If your bike fits the rules below, then post a build thread in the BO7 Build section and give us a description of the work that was done.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56347

What a cool bike! 8) That fork looks great on the Columbia frame :wink:

Latest posts

Back