Did I miss something? "Final Photo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems like in the past, finished build threads have included at least one "before" pic, a brief written summary of the build, a link to the build thread, and a bunch of photos of the finished project, the first of which would normally be the one used during voting.
Did something change, or are the early birds just doing it wrong?

That is the way that I've always done it. Haven't looked at the finished section yet.

I didn't think there's a 'right' or 'wrong' way to post in the finished thread o_O

The 'rules' say "6. Finished bike photos must be posted in the "Finished Bikes" thread by 10:00 p.m. CT on Monday, August 6th, 2018."

Doesn't say anything about a before shot, summary, and link to the build thread... although that is what most people seem to have done in the past. :39:

It's certainly better if those things are added, but it's not hard to find the build thread if you're keen to do so. :nod:

Glen.

Seems like in the past, finished build threads have included at least one "before" pic, a brief written summary of the build, a link to the build thread, and a bunch of photos of the finished project, the first of which would normally be the one used during voting.
Did something change, or are the early birds just doing it wrong?
That's exactly what I have planned. And a video / walkaround. Helps to get a complete look at the bike from all angles.

I didn't think there's a 'right' or 'wrong' way to post in the finished thread o_O

The 'rules' say "6. Finished bike photos must be posted in the "Finished Bikes" thread by 10:00 p.m. CT on Monday, August 6th, 2018."

Doesn't say anything about a before shot, summary, and link to the build thread... although that is what most people seem to have done in the past. :39:

It's certainly better if those things are added, but it's not hard to find the build thread if you're keen to do so. :nod:

Glen.
Yeah, I think one before pic may have been a requirement a few build-offs ago. The rules have evolved a bit throughout the years.

Some of the Finished Threads do seem a little bare bones compared to previous years.
While it is important to have your best finished pic at the top to be used for voting, usually builders have used their Finished Thread to show off the details of their builds and Before and After to give voters a way to get the summary of your build in a bite sized chunk rather than having to read through your Build Journal.
Perhaps it would help if builders looked over past examples:

Here are the Finished Threads from previous years

BO12
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/build-off-12-finished-bikes.147/

BO11
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/build-off-11-finished-bikes.130/

BO10
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/build-off-10-finished-bikes.114/

Latest posts

Back