did not need another build. but picked up a fix gear frame for dirt cheap.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the chrome plated fix gear only cost me $20.00. so I drug it home from a swap meet frames on the tall side. but rideable with seat slammed. I had a once nice SE fix gear for commuting to work. but some punk pleeper bent and dented it up. tying to steal it out the bike wrack in front of work. so swapped what parts I could off that to build this one up. it needs brakes and wheel true. but have a look what do you think of it?

dsc021446268a558b0.jpg

dsc021456268a58528.jpg

dsc021466268a5a4c6.jpg

dsc021476268a5b5d7.jpg

dsc021486268a5cc71.jpg

Last edited:
Those Vertu's are more comfortable than they look. I used a green one when I rode across the USA. I had no saddle issues. Best vented seat ever. No heat build up to cause sweating and chaffing. But I think you wll find they don't work well when wearing jeans. Too many seams in the levi's and no padding other than your own.

Also completely water proof. Unlike any covered seat where even a small nick will let water into the foam that never dries out. And then when you sit on those the water squeezes out and gets your shorts wet.

colors. I think white seat and white (vinyl to keep clean) bar tape would balance the white rims well with no other colors.

Last edited:
Those Vertu's are more comfortable than they look. I used a green one when I rode across the USA. I had no saddle issues. Best vented seat ever. No heat build up to cause sweating and chaffing. But I think you wll find they don't work well when wearing jeans. Too many seams in the levi's and no padding other than your own.

Also completely water proof. Unlike any covered seat where even a small nick will let water into the foam that never dries out. And then when you sit on those the water squeezes out and gets your shorts wet.

colors. I think white seat and white (vinyl to keep clean) bar tape would balance the white rims well with no other colors.
ya ran one before they work good. I also ordered all bright green bar tape.
s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• dsc000965846d1c593_blowup (1).jpg
    dsc000965846d1c593_blowup (1).jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 28
Always was frightened by the Vertu seats, to me, they look like a cheese grater! Thanks for the reviews, might sway my opinion.

Last edited:
I have a Vertu on my vintage Schwinn bmx that I only ride in the driveway with the kiddos. It's perfect for that as it's much more comfortable than the original solid plastic seat.

I'm surprised to hear one made it across the country. A friend's only last four rides before it broke away from the rails.

:rockout: new seat got here I did not put it on bike:headbang:it showed up dropped off. while cooking deep fried bacon wrapped hot dogs. to go on my angus burger for lunch. so I set the seat on table. will in stall it latter after I eat. Bad Idea . my dog found it!😱 Chewie thought it was a new chew toy.!!!!!!!
so it's on the bike but don't look new.
dsc02194628fadd552.jpg

dsc02193628fadd74a.jpg

Latest posts

Back