Diecast Photography

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across a model build off here which was I found pretty interesting, so rather than hijacking the thread I decided start one showing a coupla interests I have. Diecast and Photography. My brother and I have exchanged photos for years and found it to be kind of a hobby. I have around 100 1:24 and 1:18 diecast with a few various other scales so there's always something in the works.. Here is a 1:18 AM Authentics '67 Camaro which had some issues so I decided to weather it and shoot a few photos. Anyone else found this hobby?
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's another member who does that sorta thing. He's usually only on in the summer though. @Jake Sensi makes backdrops and scenes with his models, populates them with action figures. It's pretty cool stuff. If you search his build threads, he posts great examples throughout

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just grabbed a quick example of Jake's stuff because I doubt he'll hear my shout out.
IMG_20210903_202744175.jpg

From last summer's Build Off. His bike was sick too, well worth the read through.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I was posting my 1:64 and 1:87 scale diecast mods on IG for a while but have gotten away from it. I still mod the little cars, but don't photograph them anymore, except once in a while to text to a friend. I wish I had room for those larger scales. I am currently modding a 1/32 scale Kinsmart diecast I found at CVS drugstore. It's a Lancer Evolution. I have a non Evolution Lancer, so I'm making it look like mine by filling in the scoops, removing the large trunk wing etc.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was posting my 1:64 and 1:87 scale diecast mods on IG for a while but have gotten away from it. I still mod the little cars, but don't photograph them anymore, except once in a while to text to a friend. I wish I had room for those larger scales. I am currently modding a 1/32 scale Kinsmart diecast I found at CVS drugstore. It's a Lancer Evolution. I have a non Evolution Lancer, so I'm making it look like mine by filling in the scoops, removing the large trunk wing etc.
That is the problem.....room. 1:24 is a good scale with lots of good detail. The smaller scales are a niche I haven't got to as an adult. Maybe someday. I had them as a kid in the 60s and early 70s. I had a great collection of Hot Wheels and Matchbox! .... I wish I woulda kept all of those!