Diecast Photography

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across a model build off here which was I found pretty interesting, so rather than hijacking the thread I decided start one showing a coupla interests I have. Diecast and Photography. My brother and I have exchanged photos for years and found it to be kind of a hobby. I have around 100 1:24 and 1:18 diecast with a few various other scales so there's always something in the works.. Here is a 1:18 AM Authentics '67 Camaro which had some issues so I decided to weather it and shoot a few photos. Anyone else found this hobby?
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG

There's another member who does that sorta thing. He's usually only on in the summer though. @Jake Sensi makes backdrops and scenes with his models, populates them with action figures. It's pretty cool stuff. If you search his build threads, he posts great examples throughout

I was posting my 1:64 and 1:87 scale diecast mods on IG for a while but have gotten away from it. I still mod the little cars, but don't photograph them anymore, except once in a while to text to a friend. I wish I had room for those larger scales. I am currently modding a 1/32 scale Kinsmart diecast I found at CVS drugstore. It's a Lancer Evolution. I have a non Evolution Lancer, so I'm making it look like mine by filling in the scoops, removing the large trunk wing etc.

I was posting my 1:64 and 1:87 scale diecast mods on IG for a while but have gotten away from it. I still mod the little cars, but don't photograph them anymore, except once in a while to text to a friend. I wish I had room for those larger scales. I am currently modding a 1/32 scale Kinsmart diecast I found at CVS drugstore. It's a Lancer Evolution. I have a non Evolution Lancer, so I'm making it look like mine by filling in the scoops, removing the large trunk wing etc.
That is the problem.....room. 1:24 is a good scale with lots of good detail. The smaller scales are a niche I haven't got to as an adult. Maybe someday. I had them as a kid in the 60s and early 70s. I had a great collection of Hot Wheels and Matchbox! .... I wish I woulda kept all of those!

Latest posts

Back