Digger…. Yo Mama Ha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know it’s practically heresy, ya. First time in class 2 So I grabbed this off eBay for a couple Benjamin’s, shocks looked good, frames has been terribly welded up front. I picked up a long front end over the weekend at a show and swap. Maybe a 24 with disc hub up front. Multi speed rear so I can keep up with all the homies. So the plan is to build a chopper in the spirit of the old 70s digger style. Im a by product of 70s motorcycle era. Quite frankly, owe a lot of my career as an artist and fabricator to Easyriders magazine. Dave Perewitz is a good friend and mentor. I’m going to attack this one like he would have back in the 70s. I may even throw a highly polished and engraved 2 stroke in it to wake the neighbors, it will probably have way more hours in paint than the rest of The work involved. The rough drawing pretty much sums it up.

91DAE5B2-9E9F-4432-82D9-67DE027A2C42.jpeg
AD568FF5-EAF9-436B-835E-01A499BD6768.jpeg
D4009449-B2C1-4AA7-8AA4-6F8C649A233A.jpeg

I am also going to build another psycho truck, but won’t be entering. I wI’ll post when I get to it.

This one is gonna be slick to see you pull off!
Killer build name too!!!

Me too. Frame should be here today. The only thing I have any doubt on is if I hook up a gas motor to it with the movement of suspension. Not sure I can get tensioners capable of handling that operation.
You can make them,same as a motorcycle...

Ya. I have been researching the jackshaft that brings power over to sprocket.
I know they were selling some for the small gas motors on ebay from china,a few years ago. They were springed... Not like the fixed ones that came with the motor

I do not think I will have the space in frame for the operation.
55B4B6EE-F89A-4A00-B689-67F100842BB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine are powered via otherside... Right side runs the pedaling, left runs the motor, rear sprocket attached via spokes on disc side.
That’s the way I have seen most. But not sure it would work with suspension.

Latest posts

Back