Digger…. Yo Mama Ha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekends shop time got all the foam plugs asssemble and ready for final shaping and glueing. I used tire bond to glue the rear sections together, but the tank will require a bit different method of using foam glue once it is all taped together then glued from the inside. Once glue dries i will shape and sand insulation board to final shape. I am also upgrading the shock to a set off of a CB 750. This should be enough to handle my weight and not some 50 lb kid. I will be focusing on shaving weight where I can, this the glass and aluminum when possible. Happy so far. Didn’t get to swapping out front ends. Hand a few other ideas.
60700451-F1CE-4F06-A9CB-7C6E26EED2CC.jpeg
E7798D91-BD9A-4122-BCD0-2258AF11F725.jpeg
73892438-87A4-4ECB-A4DF-E55EAAEA69C3.jpeg
E0853620-F304-4A72-89B3-864FE3533D5F.jpeg
A440F48C-5583-4677-8676-76A19609E87D.jpeg
A442B5D1-DF64-4176-A86A-1710AA7D4923.jpeg

Awesome build so far, learned something new about the 'Digger' style. When seeing the name, I expected something else, but got something even better!

The build name reminds me of this song and songtext:

Ness=legend. Even if it isn't your style for a moto, you have to respect the artView attachment 193912

He was a rad dude every time I met him. Probably 4 or 5 times at different events. Very nice and approachable. His kid on the other hand.........🙄

One of my earlier chops. Built about 95. Monoshock rear. Fun bike, but kicking it was something I don’t miss. View attachment 193955

That's awesome. Reminds me of doing photo shoots with Drag Specialties back in the 90's

He was a rad dude every time I met him. Probably 4 or 5 times at different events. Very nice and approachable. His kid on the other hand.........🙄

That's awesome. Reminds me of doing photo shoots with Drag Specialties back in the 90's
I have known the entire gang for about 20 years. I have had nothing but positive interactions with them all over the years, I worked with their painter years ago, son Corey has always been great to chat with. I’m good friends with Dave Perewitz, proud to call them friends. This bike is a tribute to what they brought to the motorcycle industry.

50 years ago I was building engines and painting cars and bikes in Layton Utah. Things were changing fast in those days.

A few years later, I thought I was going to ride out of the Harley Davidson dealer with a V twin, I ended up on lightly used Kawasaki 900.

I’m not sure if Ness ever built a Kawasaki, but someone built a clean, low, rigid, diamond-tank 900, and it was in the magazines. I think it took the front cover of Choppers magazine about 1977.

I used to collect those things but I’ve lost track of them over 30 years ago.

Kickstarts are cool, until your bike doesn't start the first time, or the second time, or the third😅
The one in the photo had an early S$S L series with out an accelerator pump, and it stuck about 8 inches or so out the right side. Thus jamming knee into mechanicals when it decided to detonate. It had to be primed, 4-5 kicks before turning on ignition.

I told myself 20 years ago I would never buy another motorcycle without electronic injection. I spent too many hours dealing with carburetors back in the old days.

50 years ago I had a carburetor come loose while I was riding and it made the mix so lean it burned a hole right through one of the pistons.

I had to ride over the top of the mountain on one cylinder. 7800 feet. I was probably doing a good 15 miles an hour when I crested the pass. The carburetor couldn’t be tightened and I had stuffed it full of chewing gum wrappers around the manifold.

The adventures of the old days . . .

I told myself 20 years ago I would never buy another motorcycle without electronic injection. I spent too many hours dealing with carburetors back in the old days.

50 years ago I had a carburetor come loose while I was riding and it made the mix so lean it burned a hole right through one of the pistons.

I had to ride over the top of the mountain on one cylinder. 7800 feet. I was probably doing a good 15 miles an hour when I crested the pass. The carburetor couldn’t be tightened and I had stuffed it full of chewing gum wrappers around the manifold.

The adventures of the old days . . .
At least you got a good story out of it

Makes me really miss my times of chopper building and meetings of the older timers like Ness and so on. Got out of building mcycles several years ago . Left the interweb behind and just simply rode.
Now back into the pedal machines .

This should be a cool build 👀👍

Left the interweb behind and just simply rode.
Really other than this place, I did the same about four years ago. With more time to ride and just enjoy riding, life is much better. @Palepainter and I discussed this briefly when riding last Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing the Digger take shape here and eventually seeing it in person.

I got the fiberglass matte and weave ready for layup. A have to make some modifications to the shock studs to accept the CB shocks. Been tinkering on this King Sting I recently acquired, getting it dialed in for some riding. My band schedule has been keeping me busy on weekends out of town shows. This weekend in Casper Wyoming for two nights.
516C6EB2-B1D0-42B3-B99B-67E087549E5B.jpeg

Salut et félicitation pour le travail déjà accompli je voulais te demander si sa ne te dérange pas si je monte aussi un digger je n’ai pas encore commencer mon vélo ,alors je peu encore changer...A bientôt PAT

Latest posts

Back