Disc Brake adapters and 3 piece crank adapters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This winter I plan to convert Mesa Buggie into a geared 1 x 6 system. I have a 6 bolt rear wheel with a freewheel hub, which will be perfect for my old 6 speed FW and Shimano thumb shifter from my first ever '88 Fisher mountain bike!
I know a number of you have used disc brake adapters on old cruiser frames. Give me your ideas on the best ones to use....and remember I don't weld! Looking for bolt-on style adapters.
I also hope to use my crankset from that original Gary Fisher mtb. It is square taper, and I will run it with a single 39t chain ring in the front. Let me know your rec's on the best BB conversion kit to go from one piece crank to 3 piece. Thanks!

OJ. Sometime can be problematic(disc hubs). All dropouts are not created equal, and alignment problems will pop up. BB converters are pretty worthy though, and you can get all kinds and brands on E-pay. Even the BB' shell diameters can be off a bit and require shaving the adapter. skpc

Edit....OJ- I went with the three-bolt adapters and they have been problem free...

Last edited:
Not sure about the brakes but I use the bb adaptor for my Klunker it worked great , black or polished aluminum. I used aluminum. From Niagara cycle
http://www.niagaracycle.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which model did you get G? I see a number of them out there, reviews with good and bad experiences....

Latest posts

Back