Distracting yourself instead of hawking these polls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been tinkering with this Ocean Pacific bike I recently picked up off FB Marketplace. Aluminum frame, very Electra-esque in style. The lay back seat post really adds to the Electra feeling when riding it too.
215f7973bf7699931c5c61aa29116d3d.jpg
e425f72a65b09a5de793df4ded2b324d.jpg
1153d0ebc5c5c1f43ae85d881411914f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I tend to ignore the votes pretty easy as I build what I like and don’t compete at the Same level as the top guys. But when I get Get the urge to click it I usually just go find something else to do. Having a project car and 2 kids makes distractions real easy. Yesterday I spent 4 hours riding my build off bike around With some friends and it was a blast.
FCBBF427-AC26-4921-A64D-61052420E7BD.jpeg

Everyone likes pictures

I tend to ignore the votes pretty easy as I build what I like and don’t compete at the Same level as the top guys. But when I get Get the urge to click it I usually just go find something else to do. Having a project car and 2 kids makes distractions real easy. Yesterday I spent 4 hours riding my build off bike around With some friends and it was a blast.View attachment 137928
Everyone likes pictures
Yeah, I kinda built mine so I could ride it at Critical mass. Kate is pushing me to finish remodeling the house so it's finished in time for holidays this year so she is keeping me busy

Watching the first 9 stages of le Tour de France from recordings has taken some time off and on. Stage 8 and 9 have been the best. Not much American representation this year.
Some bike riding and tree trimming have helped pass the time as well. Our brush dump site is open this coming Saturday so it looks like I’ll have a few loads.

Who's made the time to clean up there work area . I still have empty paint cans , discarded parts and tools scattered all over .
View attachment 137950

I may have junk still sitting around from BO14, so no rush for BO15 clean up. :D

Ain't rentals fun ? I got tired of refinishing the wood floors so now I just add another coat of paint and a throw rug on the bedroom floors each time a tenet moves out . :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, but this is the first time in 18 years of having rentals that soneone has damaged the hardwoods enough to need repair/refinish. It's a small price to pay towards retirement. :D

I have cultivated a detached state of mind for the voting threads. It's taken me a while and it obviously wasn't this way to begin with. I have in the past sniveled a bit when a build didn't get the recognition I thought it deserved. But I know now we don't look at things the same way. Also details like quality of photo and how much you kiss butt, I mean contribute to the social comraderi, can make a difference in the voting. A lowly Kmart bike can place above vintage iron, spray painted plastic looks just like patina. My best bikes didn't get near the top votes here, but won trophies at bike shows where the bike had to stand on its own merits. So I give my bike to the voting threads knowing full well it's better than it will place and that it's mine. Then I pickup a guitar...

Carl.

It's the same since Covid took over, find something else to do to stay occupied. Along with collecting more bike stuff, I work on other things that I think up.
Here's a latest attempt at art, my license plates from over the years. I wish I could have saved all of them. With the help of the craftsmen here in the Philippines who can make anything out of wood of course. I made up a cardboard cutout of a highway sign and the varnished product showed up a few days later. Now I just have to attach the plates and hang it up.
tags.JPG

I have cultivated a detached state of mind for the voting threads. It's taken me a while and it obviously wasn't this way to begin with. I have in the past sniveled a bit when a build didn't get the recognition I thought it deserved. But I know now we don't look at things the same way. Also details like quality of photo and how much you kiss butt, I mean contribute to the social comraderi, can make a difference in the voting. A lowly Kmart bike can place above vintage iron, spray painted plastic looks just like patina. My best bikes didn't get near the top votes here, but won trophies at bike shows where the bike had to stand on its own merits. So I give my bike to the voting threads knowing full well it's better than it will place and that it's mine. Then I pickup a guitar...

Carl.
WOW!! THANKS FOR THAT. I HAVE TO DO THIS. THE COMPETITIVE NATURE THAT I HAVE FEELS SLIGHTED ALOT OF TIMES DURING THE BUILD OFF POLLS.
I RAT...THEREFORE I AM
NUFF SAID
PEACE TO YOU BROTHER
I JUST COMPLETED ANOTHER CAR BUILD AND GOT A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY " SHAKA" A LABASSADOR.
CYMERA_20200903_090900.jpg
CYMERA_20200907_071330.jpg
CYMERA_20200907_185339.jpg
20200905_170156_HDR.jpg
20200905_163428_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Who's made the time to clean up there work area . I still have empty paint cans , discarded parts and tools scattered all over .
View attachment 137950
I honestly did. I evicted Sanford and Son from the garden too. I have to frame a pocket door in the morning and I can finish some stone work around the flower bed
IMG_20200906_225446.jpg

Carl.
I get what you are saying Carl. Oddesy got my vote, but it got my attention more because of your reputation. The "Merle" build thread last year had me hooked. The thread itself definitely pulls in votes... I wonder if the builders who finished early got less votes because they had slipped from memory

I knew Ratrod would never believe me.
As a matter of fact that is Kaate0520's project on the patio. she is turning a Raleigh ten speed into a mixtie cruiser. I told her she should post a build thread but she is too busy cracking the whip on me to finish the kitchen

Last edited:

I knew Ratrod would never believe me.
As a matter of fact that is Kaate0520's project on the patio. she is turning a Raleigh ten speed into a mixtie cruiser. I told her she should post a build thread but she is too busy cracking the whip on me to finish the kitchen

Shouldn't you be working on the kitchen right now instead of posting on RRB? :forum:

Latest posts

Back