DOLOMITE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm throwing a quick little Mongoose Dolomite photo gallery website together.

If you'd like to submit images for the site, post them here and I'll add them.

Feel free to add your copyright info on the photos as a watermark.

You are welcome to use any of mine although it's not stock.

P1260876.JPG

P1260467.JPG

Errandonnee-12.jpg

P1260395.JPG

P1260867.JPG

Just some spray red sprayed VP pedals and bottlecage, red grips and a titec seat for now.

Going for a Superman/Superbike theme on this one.

The other one, will be, uhm, abit more of a project, still brainstorming ideas out on that.

Have some red cables coming in, Plan on eventually upgrading the brakes to BB7s, tires to something lighter, drilling some rim holes possibly and that's about it.

Rare ICT single track...
ga2ebe6e.jpg
sesyza9y.jpg

qa2asyze.jpg

I like the stock dolomite colors.
But that black and red looks good too.
It could use a touch more red.
Like this dirty dog reaper stem:

product_417813_8939.jpg

I assembled a Dolomite and a Massif today.

The Dolomite needed grinding on the rear brake mount to keep the disk from rubbing hard on the caliper housing. Rides like a tank. Double boxed for a walmart pickup? Kickstand still sticking out the outer box. Some minor scratches on the fork. The crank is far lighter than what came on the Beast. BB bearings cranked far too tight. Once I pulled the cranks, I could not budge the axle with 2 hands. Added grease to the bb, headset, hubs and made the needed adjustments to all the bearings. Nicer seat and pedals than the beast. The frame looks more black, the fork more blue. Like they were painted in different factories.

The Massif? A pea sized weld blow thru, a huge double seam weld and a blown out vent hole all where the seat post would want to go. It will need reaming out. The seat had popped off the rails. Some rebending of the rails, wd-40 and a big screw driver to lever it back together. The bb was far too tight. Extra grease and adjust all the bearings. Very heavy cast iron 140mm crank arms. A little shorter than I'd expect.

both need serious disc brake break in time. Looks like the discs are made from plain mild steel. Uck. Look for those to rust up if left out in the winter or used in salted snow.

rick

Massif Dozer Dolomite (Beast still in the box in the far background)

IMG_0931_zps344ceb8b.jpg

IMG_0930_zpsb25e7e53.jpg

It's the same as the Beast, but has a different color scheme. I used a 20% off coupon at Toys R Us and ended up getting one for $200.

Got a little crazy doing some custom sticker work to the Dolomite. Here is a tip though that may be worth noting. Taking off the stock tires and tubes and putting on the Vee Rubber and lightweight tubes shaved off almost 10 pounds putting the little bugger at 41.5 pounds total. Not to bad for a Walmart Fat Bike!

347d7vq.jpg
21177zr.jpg

974g2r.jpg

fuas5y.jpg

347d7vq.jpg

That stickered up one looks cool man.

So I need some help here on my build off bike, which is a Dolomite.

I can't seem to find the correct size hex key for the brake rotor screws, anyone have any idea which size I need exactly?

Thanks for the props on my Dolomite baldwooky. I just went out to check the rotor bolt sizes and you are right, they are not common. I am guessing they are a 4.25mm sizing. I tried common metric and US allen wrenches and a 4 is too small and a 4.50 is too big. Good luck and let me know if you find a better rotor for the front. I need to upgrade mine ASAP as the stocker is junk.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back