Don't you hate this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you're takein your build out for a ride (Me I like rideing Iowa Highway 100) and all of a sudden some friggen jerk shouts "Youre not a *bleepin* biker get off the road!" What do you do? Just give them the finger and drop it's all i do. Who else experiances this on a monthly basis like i do?

Way too often. Not to mention the drivers who don't care if they take your life to get to the coffee shop before the other guy. :roll:

outskirtscustoms said:
Way too often. Not to mention the drivers who don't care if they take your life to get to the coffee shop before the other guy. :roll:

Ugh, i dunno how many times ive almost been hit cos some morons takeing a call. I always find it funny though, when I get yelled at its always the passenger. I look at it as, theyre just jealous that my bikes ...... and theyre stuck getting a ride from a freind haha XD

I get yelled at quite a bit here. I've had bottles, cans, fast food, pieces of stone and cinder block, various trash, and a jack handle thrown at me. Guys in large pickups pretend they're going to hit me and swerve close enough that the draft blows me off the road. I've even had shots fired, maybe not directly at me but intended to scare at least. Not sure if they fired in the air or in my direction.

ozzmonaut said:
I get yelled at quite a bit here. I've had bottles, cans, fast food, pieces of stone and cinder block, various trash, and a jack handle thrown at me. Guys in large pickups pretend they're going to hit me and swerve close enough that the draft blows me off the road. I've even had shots fired, maybe not directly at me but intended to scare at least. Not sure if they fired in the air or in my direction.

Thats aful!! Gun shots? Thats too far! I know ive had one incident where I was attacked and a bunch of white boy eminem wanna bes threw a cup of mt dew and a rock at me. I didnt fall off but I wasnt very happy.

Man, I count my blessings! I've gotten yelled at a couple times and had the idiot in the truck buzz me once but mostly just inattentive drivers and lots and lots of little hills. It makes me sad that bikes aren't accepted more, especially in cities as in so many cases they make so much more sense than cars. Then I get mad :x :x and stop thinking about it. Stay safe guys, I wish you the best.

I live in a small town in south Ga me an my son ride all over town we've had a few close encounter our selves yesterday was a little to close so I followed the guy home stood in the road tried to provoke him to meet meet me in the road but he called the police well that didnt work to well for him I had taken a picture of his driveing showed it to the cop an he was arrested for wreckless indangerment he ran off the road trying to run us over screaming get a job an a car you bum

Nasty stories to read,guys. :(
I may count myself lucky, but none of this ever happened to me. Besides a few near misses by some sloppy drivers (not on purpose and no name-calling), it feels like bike-heaven over here. Mainly because of the many bikepaths we've got in Hollnd, I think.
Mostly it's thumbs-up and a smile/friendly gesture from other roadusers. Cars even give way when they don't have to, just to get a closer look. :mrgreen:
All I can say is: try to enjoy your rides and stay out of trouble, if possible. People who act like you all discribed, are just extremely envious or born with the IQ of a banana.

big kountry said:
I live in a small town in south Ga me an my son ride all over town we've had a few close encounter our selves yesterday was a little to close so I followed the guy home stood in the road tried to provoke him to meet meet me in the road but he called the police well that didnt work to well for him I had taken a picture of his driveing showed it to the cop an he was arrested for wreckless indangerment he ran off the road trying to run us over screaming get a job an a car you bum

That dude sounds like he has his own demons so he took it out on you

I was riding my build off bike (before the build off began) and I was coasting down a hill, when some guy in a chevy tahoe pulled real close to me and laid down on the horn and almost hit me, I went into the ditch and found a fence post with my rear wheel, ripped 6 spokes out of the new departure and snapped my skip tooth chain! I got his lic plate number, and me and my dad called the police then when they found his house, it turned out that he was a alcoholic and he was on parole when he almost hit me.

MulhollandBikes&co said:
big kountry said:

That dude sounds like he has his own demons so he took it out on you

He has problems for sure that's how my build off bike got toasted blew out the seat tube going through the ditch but he will get what he deserves I dont judge people that's not my job I'm a truck driver not God an I wish we had bike paths around here

When I had my moped I expirianced way worse. Not being shot at but bad enough. I had cars diliberately try to run me off the road. I ended up getting one of those small bats that truckers use to check tire pressure and I USED it! Had one person in a new Cadillac honk at me so i got into the bike lane to let her pass and she decides she has to turn running me into the curb. She decided to go straight after her taillight mysteriously blew up. I called her plate in as a hit and run but the police said unless she'd actually caused damage to my moped they wouldn't do anything. :roll: oh well she'll think of me at the body shop. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
When I had my moped I expirianced way worse. Not being shot at but bad enough. I had cars diliberately try to run me off the road. I ended up getting one of those small bats that truckers use to check tire pressure and I USED it! Had one ***** in a new Cadillac honk at me so i got into the bike lane to let her pass and she decides she has to turn running me into the curb. She decided to go straight after her taillight mysteriously blew up. I called her plate in as a hit and run but the police said unless she'd actually caused damage to my moped they wouldn't do anything. :roll: oh well she'll think of me at the body shop. :mrgreen:
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

charliechaindrive said:
outskirtscustoms said:
When I had my moped I expirianced way worse. Not being shot at but bad enough. I had cars diliberately try to run me off the road. I ended up getting one of those small bats that truckers use to check tire pressure and I USED it! Had one ***** in a new Cadillac honk at me so i got into the bike lane to let her pass and she decides she has to turn running me into the curb. She decided to go straight after her taillight mysteriously blew up. I called her plate in as a hit and run but the police said unless she'd actually caused damage to my moped they wouldn't do anything. :roll: oh well she'll think of me at the body shop. :mrgreen:
I don't care who you are, that's funny.
^^Offencive Driving 101^^
Lesson 1: Always carry a big stick :mrgreen:
Lesson 2: Don't get mad, that could lead to road rage. Get even and take out stress on an inanimate object like a taillight.

Surprisingly, after a year (and about 4000 miles) commuting by bike, I only had two, maybe three people intentionally try to cause me grief. Most of the close calls are just from pure stupidity, not malice. It doesn't make a difference, though... you still end up in the hospital if they hit you.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I'm safe.....I'm an old man now and just ride on the sidewalks. :lol:

I wish I could beat a car with a small baseball bat, would go do that at the junkyard, but unfortunatly it closed to the public :( (no more digging through there)

Latest posts

Back