DoorK / Nodor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about flipping the other canti section you have to extend your front cantis back in an opposing curve?

1621018760848.png

By the way, I'm loving the flow you got going on with this one!!

By the way, I'm loving the flow you got going on with this one!!
Thank you. Check this out! Main frame is almost done. A bit of secondary seatpost, continue the cantilevers and I could be rolling down the road. The 7 speed drivetrain from Muscle Spasm is intact. The disc brakes are wimpy and likely to be a problem with a 48v 1000 w pusher. So that's an issue. i may roll down the the LBS and see if they've got a minute. Anyway looky what I done...
IMG_20210514_231231390.jpg

Not sold on the small front wheel either... I've got time and a few options on hand.
IMG_20210514_231516126.jpg

It'll be time to start on the door-ebike wheel subframe soon.

Carl

Bigger wheel it is!
IMG_20210515_113050_991.jpg

It thinks it's a muscle bike with apes and a banana seat. I still need to weld the rest of the cantilevers and the end of the old seatpost where I removed the BB... but a couple hours and I could be rolling.

Carl

Looks fantastic Carl! Will the door frame get chopped? Or stay stock like it is?
I'm thinking speed holes for sure and a possible window frame removal but a gotta keep the wing vent.

Carl.

Have you thought about flipping the other canti section you have to extend your front cantis back in an opposing curve?

View attachment 157480
Yeah the opposing curve looks ok but where to land them? The planned route ends them on the OCC frame nicely, in theory gives them a purpose.

GC.

Went back out and swapped some tires around so I will have a pair of tires on the back.
IMG_20210516_200527136.jpg

48v 1000w front hub matched against a 7 speed derailleur, both rolling on 26 x 4 tires

GC.

Last edited:
I think I've got a pretty cool anti-trailer queen look started. It's a classic burrito thing to leave all the original paint and welds hanging out there for all to see. So I won't be smoothing out all the ridiculous welds that really look as if they were applied with a hot glue gun. Instead I'm going to elevate the splatter and burn created by a 110v Harbor Freight wire feeder and strip all the remaining paint. Run a few extra Frankenstein weld scars and highlight the whole baremetal bomb with some Duplicolor Effex paint or something similar. It's a fine holographic glitter in a clear coat base, that looks fantastic in sunlight.

Carl.

Looking great.
I like the frankenstein idea too

Looking great.
I like the frankenstein idea too
Thanks. At this point, (understand it's still early in the race) the only idea I've dropped is an offset steering to put the front tire in the centered trike position. I can't really do that AND make the subframe detachable. I think being able to cruise this bike without the door might be a cool option.

Carl.

Thanks. At this point, (understand it's still early in the race) the only idea I've dropped is an offset steering to put the front tire in the centered trike position. I can't really do that AND make the subframe detachable. I think being able to cruise this bike without the door might be a cool option.

Carl.

I was talking about the frankenstein scar finish.
but the detachable trike section would be cool too

That double-fat in the rear looks gnarly! Maybe an mtb tire in front to balance it a little? I know that goes against your 'burrito theory' , but this is already kind of a different monster, Dr Frankenstein.

RaT oN~!

That double-fat in the rear looks gnarly! Maybe an mtb tire in front to balance it a little? I know that goes against your 'burrito theory' , but this is already kind of a different monster, Dr Frankenstein.

RaT oN~!
I wish i had two 26 x 4 street treads to tell the truth. It'll never be off-road, but the rumble of the treads on the road may be a bit annoying. I have seen treads sanded down and that's a possibility too. Fun thing, the guys i work for part time doing remodeling and flips are talking about some kind of sponsorship on a build. I tossed them the idea of a retro logo thing on the door. Rock River Builders... Might be cool.

Carl

Latest posts

Back