Double clamp stem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have you ever looked at something and wondering if you could make one? After looking thru the avail options to buy these stems, I decided it was worth a try. I’ll keep it low cost so if it’s a total failure, I won’t have lost much.
Ordered some motorcycle clamps and found some plate. Found some stems that I could cut and here’s where I’m at today.
BDB63F7A-45D3-4B96-AA32-3E109B274FE4.jpeg
DE867F66-A3CB-47A7-A9DA-5EA75B0655A2.jpeg

On second pic, I’m gonna cut those clamps down.

Have you ever looked at something and wondering if you could make one? After looking thru the avail options to buy these stems, I decided it was worth a try. I’ll keep it low cost so if it’s a total failure, I won’t have lost much.
Ordered some motorcycle clamps and found some plate. Found some stems that I could cut and here’s where I’m at today.
View attachment 198721View attachment 198722
On second pic, I’m gonna cut those clamps down.
@rev106 knows all about that! 👍

I've been wanting to do one of those for awhile. I have a few sets of atv riser clamps I got from a surplus buy years ago

Watching

Thanks man! A visit to yer shop is on my list, for sure, for sure.
The stem would look perfect on one of his Double Trouble frames!
IMG_2181.JPG

Double clamp, double tube, that's gotta equal at least 4x cool!
Good stuff guys

C16DE8C2-CC60-4794-999F-CB2E36BC848F.jpeg
CAD8F820-1083-412F-A36C-2D79AF2AF5F2.jpeg

Man, I’m no bike snob but this bike has got a lot of the good stuff.
Schwinn straight fork, uraya rims, rear Morrow, front Schwinn high flange, stainless spokes, gold nipples, Brooks seat, se bars, finish line grips, chopsaw chainring. And now handmade double clamp stem. I’m grinning like an idiot.

Nice job

Latest posts

Back