Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWZER! Brilliant paint, brilliant build. I'm ready to vote.
[emoji106][emoji605] Thanks.

Still got a bit to do yet. Finishing the tank and building the for are my priority after the Artistic Cruiser's 5th annual Las Vegas Strip ride today.

I did try to do a 5 minute bolt on for a rear brake bracket.
f2ea19208bb09a302fb20472f631adf8.jpg
67eeb2f722f62d00160b1aa076d9f9a9.jpg

I love the looks of it.

But the tab doesn't quit fit the stays quite right, so it moves, and can't be used until I fix that movement.

3b48c678a2a34f6aba0c09a7fea480cf.jpg
c41112dd6fba343ffc149d4fbf874f66.jpg

Things are slowing waaay down with the build. Had company out last weekend. I gotta work this weekend.

Got 3 must do's
1. Fork - as I told my friend at the ride a couple weekends ago. The picture in my mind of this bike doesn't have a curly Q'd springer... o_0 ... heh.

As busy as life is, at least a couple weekends of work required to make the one I want..

So. Fork is the top of the punch list.
282d43fca9ccb0d0b44abb02f82ba66b.jpg

2. Tank - Needs some TLC to get it outta primer and on the bike. Been awaiting the thought on how the bike's paint will end up.
ecbab834062fbd1ad971eeaa0c575fa4.jpg

3. Upper seat stays need to be sanded. Found spots where I need to Resand and smooth a couple of spots out. The rush to paint, I overlooked the spots until after the color was on it. At least the back half of the bike will be repainted as a result.
9f610273b4c0aee91a14f57ead30e1db.jpg

I ruled out making fat bobber fenders. I won't have time this build. 5 weeks left...

"If you come to a fork in your build (road), take it."

I'm looking forward to your fork. I really think that is going to be the 'turning point' (bike pun intended) in putting this build over the top!

In other news, did you get snow at your place? Saw it was coming close to Vegas....

"If you come to a fork in your build (road), take it."

I'm looking forward to your fork. I really think that is going to be the 'turning point' (bike pun intended) in putting this build over the top!

In other news, did you get snow at your place? Saw it was coming close to Vegas....
It felt like it was snowing here... cold... but, no, the snow was across the south part of the valley.

My pepper plants froze the other night... first time in a couple years the big one got hit.

It felt like it was snowing here... cold... but, no, the snow was across the south part of the valley.

My pepper plants froze the other night... first time in a couple years the big one got hit.
Wow. Yeah, our weather has been colder in the past 2 weeks than it was between Dec 29 - Feb 5.

Hoping for a warm up for our last 4.5 wks....

Killer details going on man!
Love the badge and the creative fork bumpers and cable ties.

Killer details going on man!
Love the badge and the creative fork bumpers and cable ties.
Thanks Kingfish. I like the way those bumpers turned out. Las time I made a set, I put the bumper on the frame. Much happier with them on the fork.
Come on bro...
Tick Tock...

Carl.
Life catches me in March. Work on weekends too.. Had family in town. Putting a head in the dead Ranger to bring it back to life.

Excuses don't finish the build...

Painted this at lunch today. Had a dirty tip and ended up with bubbles. Will let it dry and re-coat it in a week.
94cfae46ccf90a4d151d8c782571da5e.jpg

Last edited:
Repaints are a pain, but if you're not a professional painter then it's just a thing we have to do sometimes. I like the color scheme. Made me think about colors for a future build. How's about a "rainbow trout" tank? Maybe if I ever find a bike with the actual tank I can give it a shot.

Carl.

Repaints are a pain, but if you're not a professional painter then it's just a thing we have to do sometimes. I like the color scheme. Made me think about colors for a future build. How's about a "rainbow trout" tank? Maybe if I ever find a bike with the actual tank I can give it a shot.

Carl.
Hehe, they do kinda look like fish when they are grey. Would have a lot of fishy jokes in that build. Hehe.

As for repaint. I am in need of another can of grey and will sand it off and paint it again.

Hehe, they do kinda look like fish when they are grey. Would have a lot of fishy jokes in that build. Hehe.

As for repaint. I am in need of another can of grey and will sand it off and paint it again.
It just might have been the shark and whale stuff on the tube today but my Grampa had some watercolor pencil drawings he did of wildlife and I have them now. I was reminded of the Trout so yeah there'd be jokes but if a guy spiced up his paint with say a nice reflective metalflake it's could really be a showpiece. (like yours will be;))

Carl.

It just might have been the shark and whale stuff on the tube today but my Grampa had some watercolor pencil drawings he did of wildlife and I have them now. I was reminded of the Trout so yeah there'd be jokes but if a guy spiced up his paint with say a nice reflective metalflake it's could really be a showpiece. (like yours will be;))

Carl.
I can definitely picture it. Sounds like a good idea.

Still not sure where i am going for the tank. 20 redraws, and I haven't found any pattern that catches my eye the way i want. I figure it's artistic block from throwing it all unto work. ;-)

Thowing that to the back of my mind for the weekend....

My goal this weekend is to make a fork. Have ford ranger that also needs to be running today. Need to get some more blades and get onto cutting. Have welding to do after it is cut out and drilled.

Latest posts

Back