Double-Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f724d7b91e6ed0383a7f374cfd656067.jpg

Hole cutting next? That looks tough. And I mean that figuratively, and literally!

Hole cutting next? That looks tough. And I mean that figuratively, and literally!

Yes OddJob, Hole cutting next.

I was having to contemplate strength and think more the tubes. I have some 1 1/2 tubes, my original plan. But with the size of the hole needed, I worry if I cut too thin on one side. 1/4" should be strong enough, but I am rough on things.
bc10b9d8466a0e7f326906ff75f49a17.jpg
36c2b3730a9e113a8f00ace489a29d08.jpg

Marks have been made and I have the hole saw...

I am leaning towards your thinking on the tank. the compound curves of the tank don't quite flow with the restrictions of the parallel straight top tubes. I think it might look better with the tank.

I am leaning towards your thinking on the tank. the compound curves of the tank don't quite flow with the restrictions of the parallel straight top tubes. I think it might look better with the tank.
I had tried negate the lower curve with paint. I think that lower curve is the issue making the oddness with the lower straightbar.
49e45e86dbf332a42f3771e5a2f7966d.jpg

How big of a tire can you stuff in that fork, MC?

The 'trees' look great!

TICK-TOCK bro...
Put this thing across the finish line.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back