DOUBLE L'S "Flame-Thrower" FLAT-TRACKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

DoubleL

Double L's Steel Crank'n Vintage Rustorations
Reaction score
Here it is with the Dana 3 Speed twist grip throttle gear changer! Easily goes back to my big skip-tooth or Vintage speed-chain sprocket. Overall a very smooth ride. One interesting note: The Dana 3 speed was still in the original box with all instructions and the sticker label (may add it later) . The only reason it still existed (I believe) and was on the shelf of a long-closed bicycle shop was because the right crank arm was bent (from factory) and it was returned and put on the shelf. I used my acetelene torch to heat it up and using an oversized pipe slid over the end, I was able to bent it to the correct straightness.. It has been a fascinating journey putting this Flat-Tracker together and I am looking forward to many more performing all aspects of the build myself with basic garage tools. Let's go flat-tracking my friends!

DoubleL

Reaction score
Sprocketized version...with two-speed kickback rear hub. Decent speedster with this set-up. Fast downhill....heavy front-end! Good to excellent springer front-end action with the car shock spring fabricated set-up. Going in the pits tomorrow and maybe swap out the tires to a set of cremes and another photo-shoot....if not......this will b it!

DoubleL

Reaction score
More test rides ended in utter disappointment in the performance side of this themed "race-bike". Sorry folks....despite the fact that -grip throttle the Dana 3 speed is really kool.......hey, performance counts to me.....I enjoy riding these creations....the twist throttle that looked so motorcycle like...well....it went too! Have to have a BIG sprocket back......coming up!

DoubleL

Reaction score
Now we have a themed "Race-bike" Flat-Tracker! more photos tomorrow and there is end in sight! Already helping others will a few builds and maybe they can get entered before the deadline!

Latest posts