down incognito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey yall im a first timer here and thought id try my hand at this with one of my old beaters from the yard

bikes_by_70mustangmatt-d4zcf30.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Id say that old beater is about perfect! welcome and hope to watch it as it gets built! good luck & good buildin'
thanks man but you shouldve seen that thing when i pulled it out of the mud in my yard

bikes_by_70mustangmatt-d4zcnnk.jpg

work being done on the bike i was fitting the fenders and struts i had made

bikes_by_70mustangmatt-d4zcn68.jpg

after i had finished the back

bikes_by_70mustangmatt-d4zcnh7.jpg

a prefab mock up

dragnusa said:
Is that red on the tires paint or molded into the tire?
paint wanted to see if it would last and it does as long as i dont skid

i took this thing for a cruise after the mock up and i should've called her shake rattle and roll. i need to make more struts for the fenders to kill the noise also not sure if i want to paint it or not?

Welcome to the build off, it's good to see someone start with the kind of bikes I get around here, usually 8 different layers of paint from being stolen at least that many times! haha

yoothgeye said:
Welcome to the build off, it's good to see someone start with the kind of bikes I get around here, usually 8 different layers of paint from being stolen at least that many times! haha
thanks man and youknow i think im gonna polish it a leave the paint the way it is feed back on that idea would be helpfull

that might be sweet its colors seem to look cool but that maybe just me

thanks i think thats what ill do but im not sure how to paint the tank
that is if i can figure out how to make one or can find one for under 50$

i figured out that this bike was either a phantom or a streamliner i think that ill restor it in the future so no cutting or welding on this project

Welcome to the forum and the build-off :!: Good to see another local taking part in such a fun endeavor.Cool bike to start with.Good luck and enjoy :)

does anyone have any ideas on how to build a tank?

found the inpiration for the bike

cad59cvteld.jpg

conceptual design

bikes_by_70mustangmatt-d4zoc4k.jpg

sorry its not to visible

disaster the bolt in the neck snapped and i cant find a replacement

found my tap and dye should have it fixed up soon

Latest posts

Back