Drag-goon Slayer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed building bikes and thought this type of build is right up my alley. I have a bunch of vintage muscle bikes in various stages that I considered. I came across this set of custom forks and they are now driving this build. The frame is a 1968 Stingray that I have been wanting to build up. So this is my starting point and to be honest I have no idea what direction this is going to go. 3 speed? coasterbrake? Ape hangers or straight drag bar? Ohhh the possibilities are endless. Not sure what final build will be but I can guarantee is will be the baddest bike on my block.raD

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Welcome board the build-off train! There is nothing more motivating to building bikes than being a part of one of these build-off challenges. I've been a builder in 4 MBBOs in the past, and I think the muscle bike builds might be my favorite of all.

Looking forward to see what you come up with. It's obvious you've got 'muscle' in your blood!

RaT oN~!

This is the first of anything like this I have undertaken aside from building a bunch of bikes from parts when I was younger. It seems like a good way to unclutter my shop of parts and my mind of ideas. I'm old school fool muscle cars, big trucks,muscle bikes, cowboy movies, revolvers and lever action rifles...the list goes on. I was thinking no big deal just out to the garage grab a seat ,handlebars and a few extras a muscle bike in no time. Not so easy I'm suffering from paralysis by analysis. I find my self staring at my mock up and my parts and feeling like 3 months might not be enough haha. Into the abyss I go no turning back. Also I can now see how totally outclassed I am in the build off.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0707 (1).jpg
    IMG_0707 (1).jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 55
Now you're just rubbin' our noses in it. You can't be outclassed by the classless! We're all in this thing just because, and the because don't even matter. Put what YOU like together and satisfy YOUR urges. All the bikes I've built are still under construction, cuz I'm always modifying or stealing parts for another one. Build the bike your 14 yr old you wanted. We all gonna dig it.

Carl.

Now you're just rubbin' our noses in it.

Sorry didn't mean to come off like that. Do you know how much I needed to neglect my family's need to amass those parts. Quite a few girls bikes went away for them. I collect bars and seats they tend to be the coolest parts of some bikes. I'm torn because I want to put some cool accessories on the build but the theme is a striped down drag car as light as can be. Well I know I'm always the fastest on my block so I'm sure a little added weight should be OK.

I went to work on my blue band 2 speed. I show it all broken down , I finally got it all cleaned up and going to lace it this evening. I started to lace it last night but I'm going to go with the longer spoke and a 3 cross pattern instead. I have been wanting blue band with overdrive for a Stingray build I have planned. This is a good reason to get it built. The overdrive will be the nail in the coffin of whomever lines up opposite me.

Attachments

• IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 40
Brother, nothing to be sorry about. Rubbin' our noses on it, was just pulling your leg. Blue band is cool I've yet to find one of those...

GC.

Yes I was psyched to find this one. I do prefer the manual 2 speed I have on my 26 inch bike over the kick back. I would love a 28 hole manual. This blue band needs a new spring for it, I tried a trick with the same part on the red band 2 speed I rebuilt and it worked fine. I will see if it works for this one.

Latest posts

Back