DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks CeeBee for the input. I welcome all observations and suggestions!

It may change a little before I settle on the final piece, but it's looking about right as it sits now. My main objective is for the top tubes to be about level as they connect to the seat stays. I have something planned for that part of the bike that will utilize some legs off of a kitchen table.;)

I bolted that double stand on the frame to hold it up and it just so happened to be at about the place that I wanted for the mockup. You can see it in this earlier picture...
100_6791_zpsa281ffb7.jpg

With the rear end settled on, the next part of the drive train to consider is a transmission. Since Lenco doesn't offer a transmission suitable for a bicycle, I'll be using this Dana 3 speed. Should be a good combination for the drag strip.;)

Dana_zpsf10cbd06.jpg

Last edited:
Opened up the Dana and found this...
100_6520_zps29282be5.jpg

It looks like rust but its actually dried grease.

Anyone know how to take the black and white plastic pieces apart? They don't want to seperate easily and I don't want to break them.

@Dbubbleguy has manuals for these Dana's
That's gonna make for a cool 6 speed setup!

The crust got cleaned out of the transmission and then stuck back together for now. Hopefully I can get some info on taking the plastic piece apart before I proceed.

I took the rendering for the traction bar set-up and scaled it up for a full size pattern, then cut the drop out pieces out of an aluminum composite material for a mock up. The front mounts are just duct tape and cardboard. The bar itself is just 'all thread'. All of this took a couple of hours just to be able to see it in the real world and none of it will actually be used. I like to know that it will work before committing to it. That being said, I probably wont make the real parts until I get the rear tire ordered.

I had just enough daylight left to set it up outside for some pix...
DragkingDRIVETRAIN_zps6b70be3f.jpg

I have another question for the Dana.

I have an idea for mounting a shifter, but once again the plastic is a concern. I know it's been done before, so I'd like to see what others have come up with for attaching to the plastic shaft.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!:)

I'm curious as to what they used originally...
A modification of that may be sturdier.

Carl.

odd... I guess two cables eliminates a spring return? I like yours better.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back