DRAG KING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
PostCard_zps2bd15897.jpg

This bicycle started life as a girl.

...Through the half century that followed, I can only imagine the humble existence that kept it from being discarded by it's previous owners. Looking very sad and neglected but clinging (surprisingly) to most of its original parts, it made it's way to me through a near empty flea market on a cold dreary day in January for the total sum of fifteen dollars.

In the months that followed, it seemed that the pitiful little bike would never balance on two wheels again after it was broken down and relegated to parts status. There's very little hope and even less respect for a derelict girl bike in a world dominated by sturdy tank cruisers, muscle bikes and the like.

As the last glimmer of light was about to fade away, everything changed in an instant! An idea was hatched that would not only resurrect the dry rusty bones of this once loved child's dream, but would transform\ it into a force to be reckoned with in the competitive world of drag racing! Who could have imagined that this timid little girl bike would one day line up head to head with top fuel dragsters! And the rest (as they say) is history!

100_7758_zps90a90742.jpg

100_7748_zps74d5a5bc.jpg

Last edited:

Rather than load up countless pictures on this page, my Photobucket folder for Drag King is available for every picture that I've posted through out the build along with about 30+ unseen post build pictures.
:blackeye:(The order sometimes tend to jump around due to my camera changing the date every time I take the battery out for charging.):blackeye:

I'll post a few on here, but to see more,
click the photo below.

I have nothing to hide, so feel free to look at any of the other Photobucket folders as they all have various bike pictures saved there.:)

100_7986_zps193ee754.jpg
100_7913_zps01093ffd.jpg

100_7940_zps6763cafe.jpg

100_7806_zpsf406c95f.jpg

100_7695_zps02d2be8f.jpg

100_7842_zps6e8feee5.jpg

100_7900_zpsd65bbe8f.jpg

100_7898_zps73314fea.jpg

100_7998_zps6dcfe4c1.jpg

[Click here for the complete build thread]

Last edited:
Wow! Awesome work! This is one of my FAVORITE bikes of the build off. You built a winner!
By the way...my offer sill stands for trading the Rusty Rebel.:21::21:

Absolutely stunning, one of the coolest builds I've seen in years. Your vision, artistry, and attention to details, not to mention fabrication skills set this bike so far ahead it leaves the rest of us choking on it's dust. Great job.:113:

Latest posts

Back