DRAG KING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making the rules for next years BO: no Fordsnake, and no RM. Haha. Or maybe they'll have their own category. :)
:39: Mmmm Now where would the fun in that be...I love a good challenge.Bring it on boys!!!!:banana:

Awesome bike, the overall look reminds me a bit of "art nouveau", yet it looks fast and very fun to ride!

One of the sickest and most beautiful bike I've seen in a while if you ask me. Very impressive and inspiring work.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all of the accolades.:)
Awesome bike, the overall look reminds me a bit of "art nouveau", yet it looks fast and very fun to ride!

One of the sickest and most beautiful bike I've seen in a while if you ask me. Very impressive and inspiring work.

Thank you Barkit! I had not considered the art nouveau influence, but I do see it now that you mention it. I've always had an affinity for that style, so I suppose that I unwittingly applied it to the bike. One of my favorite artists from early in my life was Roger Dean. I also love that style of architecture.

Outstanding tanklight look. Amazing finished product Jim.
Do you mind if I add this pic to my "Tanklights" threads?

c86eaafe893903671ad6fb9bc5ee9430.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

It's a simple to use product from Modern Masters.

Cool thanks for the tip. Did you apply a protective layer after painting or just sprayed the paint?

I am asking this because they recommand "Permacoat Xtreme" as a top layer but I was wondering whether this would make it look shiny (like a clear coat). At the same time, without it the paint may be completely washed out by rain and repeated contacts I guess :confused:...

I sprayed a light coat of matt clear lacquer on it just because it's what I had. I don't know anything about the product that they sell, but I'm sure it works good. I'm guessing that you don't have to top coat it, but I'm not sure. I can tell you that just like actual rusty metal, the rust will come off on your hands when you handle it.

Keep me posted on what you find out.

VERY COOL!! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back