Drag Queen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say how much I enjoyed watching last year's build off, and was sad that I was part way through my build when I discovered RRB, so could not enter that build, and didn't have ideas/parts to finish another. Those awesome builds really inspired me to take part this year, and I remembered some discussion about girls bikes going through a gender-bender and coming out as boys bikes. There was also some discussion of anyone insane enough to chop a boys bike and make it a girls bike. I am not that crazy :wink: but I am deranged enough to dress my Hiawatha Drag Duster up in women's clothing. I plan on giving it a crazy and experimental paint job, putting as much glitz and glitter as I can on it, and giving it attitude and pizazz like any good Drag Queen.

This is my stripped down frame, guard, seat, and grips that I plan on using

In lieu of some Top Fueller Drag Forks (which are insanely hard to find, and even more expensive than they are rare) I will have to use these forks off of my Raleigh Tracker on my build

The 3-speed shifter is off a Sears Screamer to go with a 3-speed internal hub that I pilfered from my Road King banana seat bike, and the shifter will get a good cleaning and will get jazzed up too

I may use the sprocket/crank from the Raleigh too

And I have a pile of parts to choose from to dress this bad boy up (maybe I'll make a wheelie bar, and It'll definitely get a windshield)

All this being said, I really hope to finish this build as my wife and I are expecting our first kid (a boy :D ) in June, and I know time will be very limited as I work full time at Canada Post, and bartend at a pub/club on weekends.

Very cool to have a drag queen muscle bike on the traditional side and a chopped up screamer on the anything goes side.
Good luck.

sharmangasaurusrex said:
I really hope to finish this build as my wife and I are expecting our first kid (a boy :D ) in June, and I know time will be very limited as I work full time at Canada Post, and bartend at a pub/club on weekends.

That should be fun, but remember that it's just a hobby... your new family is forever! Congrats on the June Boy! :!:

MplsCoaster said:
Interesting...
I know it won't stay that way but the bare metal frame looks really cool
Good Luck!
I think so too, but I've had this paint idea in my head for quite some time, so I have to at least giv'er a shot, otherwise I won't be sure that it'll work :)

So with working at the bar this weekend, I didn't get much done, but I did get the frame primered and the first colour coat applied. With the weather forecast of sunshine and hot weather for the next week or so, I hope to get some real work done. Anyways, here are the pics

Bare frame

Primered frame

1st coat

and the products I used

It's been hot enough here for a few girly cocktails on the patio..... maybe a Blue Hawaiian, who knows lol. I'm diggin the colour too, and my wife just pointed out to me that it is the same colour as her brand new $4 flip flops. But it's not done with the paint yet, and I have something special in mind to really make the Drag Queen pop!

Great looking bike .... But here is a tip. Don't use the tremclad paint..... It is crap in my opinion. I used it on my bike and it never seemed to stick, never dried right and it was easy to chip. I follewed the instructions and the same results.I have to repaint it again and it will be the third time. Return it ASAP....Don't waste your money.

Punxs said:
Great looking bike .... But here is a tip. Don't use the tremclad paint..... It is crap in my opinion. I used it on my bike and it never seemed to stick, never dried right and it was easy to chip. I follewed the instructions and the same results.I have to repaint it again and it will be the third time. Return it ASAP....Don't waste your money.
Darn, already used the tremclad for the primer. Hope I have better luck as I really don't want to strip her down again and start over.

I think Tank did Tybee Siren in that color.
Looks great to me.

kingfish254 said:
I think Tank did Tybee Siren in that color.
Looks great to me.
Just looked up Dr Tank's build thread for that one, and you are correct, it is the same paint. The cream was a classy secondary colour on Tybee Siren, and his pinstriping is fantastic. He is a true artist.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Aww shucks......thnx (but the pinstripes are decals from eBay...hehehe) :)

Love that color on that frame, really has a 70s vibe.

Build on bro!

Cheers,
Dr. T
Haha, fooled me. Gonna do more this Sunday (working 2 jobs to pay the bills leaves little time for building :? :? ), so updates Sunday night or Monday.

Here's my nieces bike I just finished blasted no primer 2 coats a little sanding in between not my favorite paint but if you paint when it's warm and dry no problem .
It's a 60s 70s Empire
she picked the colour
B

Latest posts

Back