DRAGN (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tank came out sweet ... Did you paint the silver over the root-beer powder coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking my fork out to my buddies house to run through his electrolysis tank.
Is that for rust removal?
That's how I remove heavy rust, just need a plastic kiddie pool, some rebar, copper wire, water, arm&hammer washing soda, and a battery charger. Add a little patience, and viola. No rust.

Strange that you fond chrome under the paint.
Tanks look great on it.

Is that for rust removal?
That's how I remove heavy rust, just need a plastic kiddie pool, some rebar, copper wire, water, arm&hammer washing soda, and a battery charger. Add a little patience, and viola. No rust.
Yeah, he wanted to show me his set up so since I needed to strip my fork I took it out to try it out.

So I got out to my buddies house and put some parts in his tank and hung out for a while (he is keeping them in there till tonight) and I came across his daughters old 49 cc four wheeler that he stripped the engine out of and talked him out of it. So I got home and got side tracked instead of working on my build bike.
Sitting pieces together

Actually have done some more stripping and shining done

Had to snap the tank one to see how it looks

Up close of the tank and frame

The last bits of the frame left to strip

But had to get some work done on my other toy that I have been neglecting, Loved the patina but not the look I'm going for.

Got a base coat of matte black on it then will lay out the designs on it with high temp tape then go with the Rootbeer( the same as on my build off bike)

Paint is coming out nice.

So this build has took so many turns, digging for one part and finding another and thinking hmmm how would this look and it looks better then your first idea.
Was digging for a banana seat and found this chain guard almost mint compared to the one that came on the bike.

spent hours digging for a banana seat that wasn't rotted out found one that ain't much better then the one I started with.

Then here is where it takes a turn, run across this long spring seat while digging, decided to try it and like the look better

Then came the bars and a rack

In the mean time my daughter brings me her Magna Ruby with a stripped peddle, will fix that tomorrow.

20160722_202540_zpsmp2uz2rc.jpg

Latest posts

Back