Dryspell broken

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up two bikes at the Turlock swap meet this past Sunday.

Hiawatha on the left and an Evans on the right.
123_5499.JPG

I'd like to find original fenders, tank, sprocket, light and rear rack for the Hiawatha. The Evans is complete and might be sold to fund the parts for the Hiawatha.

Can anyone tell me the approximate years for both bikes?

Thanks.

123_5502.JPG

123_5501.JPG

Hi! Nice score on the Hiawatha! Approximate date is early to mid 50's. If you post a pic of the serial number Phil (rms37) can give you more details. Also if the serial number ends with a two digit number followed by a large letter C with a small letter w inside it's mouth, the two digit code is the year - i.e. 53Cw = 1953. Have fun!

I tried looking for the serial number on the Hiawatha in all the usual places and couldn't find it. Where exactly would it be?

Thanks.

Gold Street Customs said:
Nice score, Turlock usually don't dissapoint.

There were a lot of good deals on bikes. Most bikes were men's. I only saw one women's bike and it was a Silver King, but badged as a Hawthorne. The guy wanted $250.

There was also a guy loading up three bikes into his car. I noticed that one was a tanked JC Higgins with a springer fork. There were a few other bikes, most with tanks, that weren't higher than $300.

bikesntrikes said:
I tried looking for the serial number on the Hiawatha in all the usual places and couldn't find it. Where exactly would it be?

Thanks.
Should be stamped on the bottom bracket under the crank, they're not very deep, so if it has a lot of paint or surface rust you'll have to sand it to locate it. The Evans is from 1957-62. I have a '60 brochure, it shows the striped seats, but the chainguard graphics are slightly different. Evans stopped making bikes after 62. -Adam :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back