Duck Norris!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did about 25km on the Duck last night. Water bottle was greatly appreciated, but it fell out when I did a curb drop. Might be the el cheapo bottle holder, think I found it in the garbage once upon a time.

Took the panels off. Gonna paint em as a winter project. Think race rod number panel for one side, hot rod mascot on the other. Don't hold your breath, this could take months.
1956-chevy-bel-air-hot-rod-streetstrip-gasser-vintage-drag-race-car--4.jpeg
8fe53976f5cb401e1dda7f528860a50f.jpg

But a duck. Handyandy already beat me to it, I know. The procrastinating is strong with this one

Wanted to mask the panel cuz I'm a mess. Didn't want to cut it on the wood, leaving scratches, so I started on the cutting mat
IMG_20201205_112504517.jpg

used a coaster to draw the circle, then cut it out. The Thundrrrs Jr were fighting over stuff on the other side of the table, so I had to stop everyone from breathing while I peeled it. Surprise, it worked
IMG_20201205_114033837.jpg

Expect the next installment in a few months, still need to buy a tube of paint

I'm gonna paint a hot rod duck mascot, something like that Clay Smith woodpecker on one side, and a number/stripe on the other. It'll be a winter project.
Ha, I posted it last September. Just didn't say which winter the project was for. Handyandy posted these this June. I told you Duck Norris was powerful, we're copying him, but backwards through time!
FF Logos.png

Dug out the old typography text book and some markers, see if I could knock out an idea for the numbers.
IMG_20201218_130315183.jpg

IMG_20201218_130327699~2.jpg

IMG_20201218_130334704~2.jpg

Holy moly. This book says that there is this new "digital" thing coming, gonna revolutionize the way we set type. I wonder how that worked out...

Lol the plaid case with the sharpies was stolen from my brother, he stole it from another kid in his class some time in the last millennium. I'm not happy with my marker skills though, they've really fallen off over the last few years. This was supposed to be a warm up before I attempted anything with the mascot, now I gotta get back to the drawing board and learn to draw again

Just the usual, blotting the acrylic gesso on with a Ninja Turtle washcloth. Because I'm too lazy to find my old brushes, or to clean up one of my wife's
IMG_20201229_141914189.jpg

I told you I would be slow. Three weeks to do the easiest part.

Just the usual, blotting the acrylic gesso on with a Ninja Turtle washcloth. Because I'm too lazy to find my old brushes, or to clean up one of my wife's
View attachment 147682
At the blistering pace you're going, a Ninja Turtle washcloth seems so relevant.

View attachment 147682
Matti, somewhere I read "slow and steady wins the race."

However, he gave the appearance of slowness in order to lower opponents' defenses (at least in the Kilmer portrayal). I am definitely not lazy, it's all a ruse. That's how I win all these gunfights

Also, I am not a sarcastic slacker. Definitely not that

Finally got another few steps done.
IMG_20210319_172004415~2.jpg

Painted. 20 year old acrylic, combined with very rusty brush hand created some pretty rough results.
IMG_20210320_101701483~2.jpg

Scuffed with steel wool, wire wrapped around a board, and some chain.
IMG_20210320_111217831.jpg

Then some 120 grit to smooth it out.
I'm not entirely happy with the end product. I think I lost too much of the top of the 1, and the graphic looks older than the panel now. Are there any faux-tina experts following? Any advice on how to age the wood? Maybe a wash of watered down paint or something?
The other panel will need to be matched, I probably should have done both at the same time, but I haven't come up with an idea for it yet, and I was excited to make actual progress.

Latest posts

Back