Duck Norris!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been raining off and on all day so I couldn't test ride it very far, but you absolutely can feel the flex. I'm not 200% sold on the look, they're really narrow, and I wish there was more neck to the stem. I'll try to get a real ride soon, and decide based on that.
IMG_20220527_170208666.jpg
IMG_20220527_170224573.jpg
IMG_20220527_170309054.jpg
IMG_20220527_170234627.jpg
IMG_20220527_170331018.jpg
IMG_20220527_170316879.jpg
IMG_20220527_170403478.jpg

It's crazy how well the elastomer color matches the fame color. They do look a little narrow. Now your ride is going to float like a butterfly and sting like a duck.

crazy how well the elastomer color matches the fame color... Now your ride is going to float like a butterfly and sting like a duck.
I know, I kept em nos for about a year, but the match was too perfect. Plus, what is the point of maintaining value on something that I would not sell? Nobody has ever seen anything like these before, I can't find a single shred of evidence online, so I'm putting them out there.

And yeah, the Duck is one bad bird
download.jpeg

I know, I kept em nos for about a year, but the match was too perfect. Plus, what is the point of maintaining value on something that I would not sell? Nobody has ever seen anything like these before, I can't find a single shred of evidence online, so I'm putting them out there.

And yeah, the Duck is one bad bird
View attachment 194899
I have a set that will work if stays not raining I'll drop them off

Are you talking about those flex stems you found earlier this year?
Screenshot_20220210-191901.png

This one is different, bars/stem are one piece, can't switch them.
*I still want those stems though!

I never really explained how they work. The bars are actually two separate pieces. Each handle bolts to the block on the stem. They pivot on the bolt, compressing the elastomers, which act as suspension. There are bolts going in the side which basically hold everything in place on the axis of travel. The handles actually move up and down an inch or two in an arc.

I never really explained how they work. The bars are actually two separate pieces. Each handle bolts to the block on the stem. They pivot on the bolt, compressing the elastomers, which act as suspension. The handles actually move up and down an inch or two in an arc.
So different never seen that before

Found em at Ron's, still had the old bike shop price tag on the stem. I think he bought that shop when it closed in the nineties. Never used on anything before I put them on Good From Afar for display in the garage. Sweet Marie wore em for a photo shoot last week but nobody even noticed. Too busy looking at her big tires

I am not pleased with the ergonomics of the flex bars. No stem and too narrow makes for a cramped cockpit. I keep hitting my thighs on low speed manoeuvres. Giving the mini apes I never used on Bonefish a try
IMG_20220709_104120452.jpg

Certainly going to be more room under theses
IMG_20220709_110844804.jpg
IMG_20220709_110933697.jpg
IMG_20220709_110832345.jpg

Definitely a different riding position to get used to, might help to discourage me from taking it off road so much. Still working on final location for the accessories and I hate the cup holder
IMG_20220709_121238834_HDR.jpg

Also might want to switch out these old dawgs. Slicks it is!
IMG_20220709_124704800.jpg

I even wiped off all the trail dust and caked on mud with a dry rag. Sparkling glamour shot!

Last edited:
I am not pleased with the ergonomics of the flex bars. No stem and too narrow makes for a cramped cockpit. I keep hitting my thighs on low speed manoeuvres. Giving the mini apes I never used on Bonefish a try View attachment 199695
Definitely going to be more room under thesesView attachment 199696View attachment 199697View attachment 199694
Definitely a different riding position to get used to, might help to discourage me from taking it off road so much. Still working on final location for the accessories and I hate the cup holder View attachment 199698
Also might want to switch out these old dawgs. Slicks it is!View attachment 199699
I even wiped off all the trail dust and caked on mud with a dry rag. Sparkling glamour shot!
Slicks look a lot better. Those white wall are from China ( something something rubber factory)my red Raleigh has a set I hate them size doesn't look right and the were horrible to on.

Dude! Just caught up on ‘the Duck’! Loved those flex bars, but I get it on narrow bars feeling ‘cramped’ a bar that’s too wide is no bueno either.
I’m digging the apes and slicks, a more ‘chill’ era for the Duck!
👊🏼

PS, let me know if you ever want to part with those flex bars…most of my regular ’loop’ is asphalt roads inundated with bumps from underlying tree roots. The Humpster would love a ‘cushion’

Latest posts

Back