Dumpster Score - Schwinn Stingray Fair Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to throw out trash and a white banana seat caught my eye... I ended up with a new bike, I've always wanted a Stingray!

I cleaned up the chrome and got the seat raised (needed a towel and a hammer... jeez). I removed the front reflector.

File_004%204_zps4vnnvdjt.jpeg

Serial number says she's a 1975 Chicago-made Schwinn!

I'M SOOO PUMPED ABOUT THIS BIKE! I have new tires, grips, and banana seat on the way. Paint is pretty rough, I might leave it as-is and clearcoat it. It gives it character! I named her "Stella" :cool2:

I've saved a Fair Lady myself (See my sig for the link). I don't know your plans with it, but I can tell you from experience that young girls who would ride it don't want "character", they want shiny and pretty. That's why I had to detail my daughter's out to look new.

I'm not one of those girls who like "shiny and pretty"... :) I plan to keep it for a long time and to ride it! I picked it up yesterday and it looks real good with the new tires and grips. I can't wait for my banana seat to get here!

I checked out your Fair Lady yesterday, that one is SO NICE! You did good with that one and your daughter looks STOKED! It's a beautiful bike.
Edit: How did you use the Dawn to clean the frame?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back