dutch racer almost done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello i am micheal
i live in the netherlands, and my english is not perfect :D
i like the frame of the classic schwin bikes, but in holland you cant find that sort of bikes, so i am using a classic empo bike.
here some pics
2009_0503fotos0148.jpg

2009_0503fotos0149.jpg

2009_0503fotos0150.jpg

2009_0503fotos0151.jpg

and these pictures are how it sits now
2009_0503fotos0152.jpg

2009_0503fotos0153.jpg

micheal

Re: dutch racer

Another European build. Over here we're stuck on old Schwinn's and the like. This will be good :D . I've got a whole pile of european bikes that are waiting for a face lift. It's looking good so far. What happened to the chain guard with the air scoop? That's what caught my eye first. I'd find a way use that! Let their be no bike safe from the RRBBO4!!

GL

I like it! Very rideable. I'm planning on an English bike my self.That reflector is stunning.

I was in Amsterdam for the millennium new years party. It was a blast. Literally. I loved the vibe of Amsterdam and when the train arrived at central station I thought I had died and went to bicycle heaven. Best of luck on your build.

301e.jpg

greetings holland! we in New Zealand also sadly lack old schwinns etc so I will most likely be stuck with a diamond frame also! I will keep an eye on your bike build, I think we may have a similar look!
Josca

hello
i want to know what u guys think :D
should i make it bare metal or should i paint it primer brown?
and should i clean the rust?

micheal

You should deffinately clean the rust. I think you should paint it too (though, the brandname seems to look nice..) Otherwise, with this type of frame it would maybe look too much an ordinary old Dutch bike. At least to me. A Dutchman myself. Ofcourse I had the same problem finding cool but cheap basematerial for a project. Great you're using this diamondframe(?) for the build-off. Curious what you'll be doing to it in your progress. I'll keep an eye on this one.
Good luck!

That's a cool ol bike,Old School! I like this style of bike,should be nice when you're done. Your English was very good. I agree,definately clean the rust (I personally like the rusty-rod look,but unchecked rust kills frames). Have fun! :mrgreen:

today i have made a board(maybe i chance or remove it), i also started sanding so i can paint it primer brown
here some pics
2009_0504fotos0157.jpg

2009_0504fotos0158.jpg

micheal

sanding of the frame is done :) .
tomorrow i go search for parts, i need some white grips, new pedals, paint, and some parts for the damaged crank.
after some weeks it's done i think

micheal

Sounds cool! I can't wait to see it,looking great so far,I like it!!! 8)

update
i have painted the frame, fork, fender and steer
here some pics
2009_0505fotos0159.jpg

2009_0505fotos0160.jpg

2009_0505fotos0161.jpg

now i am waiting to the next week for some parts to build the bike! :D
when i am done putting the bike together i start adding some details, maybe some pinstriping, i dont know yet.

micheal

hello
the last time i had a lot of spare time :p
th most things are done now, i have to make some mountings for the batterys, i have to make the front light work(maybe i make a rearlight) and i have to do some mechanical things to make ir rideable.
here some pics
2009_0507fotos0162.jpg

2009_0507fotos0163.jpg

2009_0507fotos0164.jpg

micheal

Latest posts

Back