Dye Banana ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It wore off but I ride mine daily. I'd suggest re-upholstering it.
banana_seat1.png

I've recovered it with leather and died the leather. Probably easier to just recover.

Those were crappy seats to start with, but had a good amount of padding. A decent seat with a base and pan would be much better. Those are just a stamped piece of metal with jagged protrusions to hold the fabric.
The play bikes still haven't been ridden except to test ride, we've been busy with other things and it's already hot and humid here, springtime has long gone.

Those were crappy seats to start with, but had a good amount of padding. A decent seat with a base and pan would be much better. Those are just a stamped piece of metal with jagged protrusions to hold the fabric.
That factory padding deters regular riding. After a while they're painful. I've found adding 4 inches to be just about right at a rider weight of almost 13 stone.
223468-IMG-2396.jpg

I've also found thicker "fabrics" like marine vinyl surprisingly easier to work with than thinner. These got fabric backing so they work well with simple adhesives.
IMG_2577.jpeg

Latest posts

Back