Dyno-Matic Blue Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up at a thrift store today. I guess it is an earlier one. Has the Shimano Internal 4 Speed rear coaster hub. Rides great. Only downfall is the fenders are a little tweaked. It was covered in dust and the paint is fantastic except for a couple of marks here and there.

Yeah to be honest, this isn't really my thing. I just knew people out there liked them so I grabbed it. I would hate to part it out, but the wheel set would be great on a middle weight frame I just had powdered. Maybe the frame is destined for a rat rod project.

Wait! :) you said, "except for a couple of marks here and there. "
If it's not your thing, sell it and buy what you want! The Dynos are getting to be pretty collectable.

B.t.w.,
That is an early Dyno, later ones have slightly different decals and frame. Some feel that electric blue is a rare color, I sold a couple to a few blues back in "the day." So I am unsure of a colors rarity.
Cool as heck find, wish I had it!

Thanks for the response Mike! Sounds like good advice. I will put it up for sale on CL Denver and see if I get any nibbles. Not sure I want to ship it.

So I bought this bike, that makes 4 Dyno's in my harem! It needs a good cleaning but it rides smooth as a Dyno should. In my constant revolving door of cruisers I'm deciding to keep my Dyno's. Ill post photo's when I get it cleaned up and waxed. Thanks Scott!

I finally found one, It's kinda tough in Iowa. Does anyone know what year these are? Rides smooth!

Attachments

• 20180902_111157.jpg
    20180902_111157.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 232
That bike looks great.

The first Dynos were 95-97. That's what yours should be with that headbadge. Later models used a plate with "DYNO" as the headbadge. The "D" on the dropout is an early model from what I've read.
Check the serial number, I'm pretty sure the year is at the beginning for the early models. Here's a 97 I had:
48893_48dcd0f6f88cdd52e5e6c06011b10922.jpg

52846_06edffbc7d5ad36505f68d49097a1c52.jpg

Whatever happened to the Dyno bike company? Did they get absorbed by a bigger company?
Here is some light reading!

RRB Dyno History

Short story, absorbed by Pacific Cycle and forgotten... which is better than becoming another Walmart brand, I spose.

d
Yeah to be honest, this isn't really my thing. I just knew people out there liked them so I grabbed it. I would hate to part it out, but the wheel set would be great on a middle weight frame I just had powdered. Maybe the frame is destined for a rat rod project.
id you ever sell this bike?

Latest posts

Back